Always the Special Cases

Sunako Koshiba

OOC First Name
Ana
Wand
Black Walnut 10 1/2" Sakura core
The word about her success with the Dedrick make got around the hospital like wild fire. There where a few who asked how she got such results from such an animal but Sunako whenever she was asked mearly shrugged and said that he was more human than most people she had met. It was true. The secret in which her and her husband had met would be kept with them for life. She wanted no one to know that she had at one point had been at the mercy of anyone. Tohoru wouldn't say anything if his life depended on it because he was more frightened of what Sunako would do to him more than anything else. Her test subjects where legend in her house hold. It was because the male Were was so clearly cured that Sunako was in this room again. This time treating a female. A very interesting female indeed. The only records on her are up to when the girl was bitten because it was mandatory to register with Ministry as a Were but before then nothing.

It was as if this girl had popped out of no where. Sunako knew that this could not be true. Sunako knew that this case was going to be more than fun. She loved a challenge and what could be more challenging than a physiologically sick Ware with no past. Sunako was excited over this one but for all it was showing on her face it was just another day at the office or Sunako. She in her chair with her legs crossed at the ankle and the records file on her lap while waiting for her new patient. The male Ware had been interesting but she didn't get a lot of useful information out of him. If things went well with the female Sunako could very well write the desecration that would get her her full Healer's license at last.

Briar entered St mungos. After the last transformation when she had taken a rather sizable bite out of her arm she hadn’t argued when the nurse had said tat she needed to go and see a healer, who was more specialized in that area. Today was her appointment and she arrived at the hospital a little early dressed in her shorts, and "werewolf Girl" singlet (in black). She had nothing on her feet as just the previous day she had gotten a second tattoo on her foot and she’s made it itchy. Now she had both a wolf and a new lion on her feet one on each. She was sent through to the healers room and was slightly surprised that it wasn’t Healer Chevalier who had treated her before but someone who looked quite opposite. Instead of the white blonde hair fair complexion and blue eyes this girl seemed dark like an unknown shadow. She thanked the orderly who had taken her through and nodded at the healer making her way slightly away from the door towards the desk. "Hello. You must be Healer Koshiba. I am Briar Rowan" she said waiting for the healer to say something. She was aware how her scars stood out against her skin. Especially the fresh one on her arm which wasn’t completely healed and the one on her face which at nearly a year old was still clear against her skin. she fidgeted slightly on the spot. the new moon was giving her a lot of energy and she would much rather be spending the day outside in the sun,going for a run, or fly than in a dimly lit room. She waited for the healer to say something, fidgeting slightly, pulling a thread that was loose at the bottom of her shirt. she wasn’t quite sure what to say or do. The last time she had been here had been an emergency with her having to be kept in for a couple of weeks but it wasn’t the same as now.

Sunako didn't rightly care what the girl looked like. She knew the normal Were aesthetic was either looking like they had been though the ringer more than once. "Welcome. Yes Healer Sunako Koshiba of Japan at your service for anything that might be wrong. I am here to listen. Sunako said with a soft smile on her face. Too wide and her smile would scare people. It had always been true at home. Those that knew knew to fear her when her smile spread across her face. This one was tiny though barely an upturn of the corners of her mouth. This she found made people more comfortable around her. "Um new moon cycle getting to you I see. We won't take too long then but we are here to discuss something. Your refusal to take wolves bane during the last few months." Sunako said as she started to flip through the pages of the file on her lap. Her thin pail fingers carefully sliding each page over as she speed read them.

"Before I go on I must tell you that under the regulation of Healer/Patient confidentiality I am held to the strictest bounds unless what is stated will cause harm to others or yourself. This means whatever is said here stays here unless you threaten to kill others or yourself. Anything else feel free to share." She said. It was a tiny bit more complicated than that but she didn't look like the type to go after children so she skipped that. Sunako rolled up her sleep to keep her green Healer's robe from getting ink stained. This showed a portion of the spiraling symbols that had made up her past life. She didn't mind anyone seeing her slave tattoos anymore. If anyone asked she had an answer ready for them and those that knew also knew better than to ask. "Now we can start with what's going through your mind now.

Briar nodded when the healer introduced herself. Sunako was an interesting name, though it was probably rather normal Japan. Her name was fairly unique. She had spent most of her childhood going by the name Rowan, and when she had moved here to school she had moved that to a last name and chosen briar as her first name. when the healer said that she could see that the new moon was getting to her she smiled. ”yes, It usually does. I always seemed to have heals of energy and since I got bit it seemes like the normal level has been squished. And the lower I feel at a full moon the higher I am at the new one. You are lucky last month wasn’t as bad as the one before” she said a slight joking tone lingering at the edge of the words but on the whole they were serious.
As the lady talked about patient confidentiality she nodded. She didn’t really care if her information remained confidential or not. Most of her personal business semmed to make its way to the public. And she was sort of used to it by now. As the healer pulled up her sleves she knew that it was time to be getting down to business. And sure enough the next thing that cam out of her mouth was asking what was going through her mind now. ”Not much is going through my head at the moment. Just thinking about what I should have for lunch, and wanting to go for a good run. Maybe see if I can run all the way to the school.” she said thin thinking about the season she wa here she sighed. She guessed if she got to the point she may be able to get out quicker. ”I guess you want to know why I didn’t take my potion. Well I took it in September like normal but then October. I was so busy and distracted that I just forgot to make it and didn’t go to the hospital wing so I went with out. It wasn’t too bad, In fact It was the first time I had been able to take my mind off other things so I decided to do the same again. That time it was a little rougher but I was so tired after watching the quidditch matches that it wasn’t too bad.” she paused for a breath and took a bottle out of her bag and took a mouthful of the contents before continuing. ”then this month well that was rough. I guess the residual potion had well and truly left my system, and it was clear. I lost it and ended up biting myself hard on the arm, when the nurse saw it she said she may not be able to heal it properly and decided I needed more specialest treatment, hence why I am here” she said gesturing to the wound on her arm as she mentioned it. wondering if suniko wold be able to fully fix it before the next quidditch match, or she would have to perfect the art of being right handed fast.

Sunako had in fact been experimenting with magical creature bites and the damage they did to themselves. Her methods of course where questionable but then the man that she had gotten bitten in the first please was known abuse young children for his own pleasures. He was still in her laboratory because she needed him to study the physiology. Sunako walked up to Briar and examined the wound from a few inches away. "If you allow me I may have something that could make that heal up all together. People so rarely realize that your not dealing with something completely textbook when it comes to Werewolves." She said gently. Some took it as an insult when she talked like this. Sunako saw it as being honest. Those infected with the Werewolf curse where different in every sense of the word. Sunako found that medicine had to evolve in order to be able to treat werewolves. Her child molester had his uses aside from being a source of her constant disgust. "After that we can talk about what had you so distracted." She said taking her seat.

"If my records are right your currently a seventh year at Hogwarts New Zealand. You are also Head Girl, a pressure I am sure is great upon your shoulders. Though this I am sure is not something that would get to you so badly that it would make your forget something that is so clearly for your well being." She said now crossing her legs and the knee and putting elbows on her right knee so she could rest her head on her hands. Sunako's deep red eyes seemed to scan the girl as she waited for her to talk again. Sunako wondered who would prefer the full wolf form over the sedated form that wolves bane offered. Sunako smiled gently at her so as not to seem as off putting as she usually was.

Briar stood still as sunako examined her arm. like her other arm it was laced with thin scars, but the new bite was deep and meant that her use of the arm was decreased, it was alright for most thins, but when she played quidditch as hard as she did it was very problematic. "If you can fix it that would be great" she said, though she half hoped that it would leave a scar. there was something about having the scars that she looked, made her seem tough. made her know that what she was going though every month was real.
She took a seat opposite the healer as she spoke again. "That is right. I somehow managed to become head girl, haven't a clue how. half the students hate me, And I broke more than my fair share of rules in my time." she said. "sure that is a lot of work, and so is seventh year. but the thing that caused it wasn't that." she said smirking slightly. "this may sound stupid, after everything I have been through and but what really rattled me was." she shook her head to herself "when my boyfriend broke up with me." she said. somehow in this room t sounded stupid, but it had come at a blow to her, as he had been the one who had known what was happening with the werewolf thing, the one who had bitten her. so much of her life had changed due to him. and it had been so out of the blue, after they had had had a good time together on the previous break. "I know it sounds stupid" she said leaning back in the chair briefly before leaning forward again still fidgety.

Sunako flicked her wand and her bag floated into the room. Sunako searched through it until she found a small-ish round tin that looked like it could contain lotion. Sunako undid the lid and used two fingers to take out a small amount of thick purple paste. "This will hurt a little bit but the bite should clear up in about two minutes." She said as she walked over and placed the paste around the wound instead of directly on top of it. The balm would replicate the skin and go after the parts that where damaged so they could become whole again. Oh there would be some scaring but over all the arm around be usable again. When Sunako was finished she took her seat again and let that gentle smile grace her stoic features. "And here is where the differences stop. The mind of an animal is much simpler there for I can see the aluire of losing one's self to it when something like a broken heart happens." She said taking notes on the pad of paper. She was already building the body of the article that she was going to write in order to complete her training so she could go back to Japan. Then again she did like New Zealand somewhat. She could stay and take on the job of dealing with special cases like Briar.

Sunako waved it off. "Different people react differently to being broken up with. Some people can just let it go and move on with life while others take some time to heal. What you did was dangerous no doubt about it but it completely understandable why. Now your arm is healed and I can see that you may be climbing the walls if I keep you here much longer. I will see you same time next week. Run or something in the mean time I'm sure the orderlies don't want to see a cooped up Werewolf anymore than I do." She said smiling gently. If anything Sunako was sure that she was going to be seeing Briar running through the halls if she wasn't let out. While in the hospital Sunako had a heart. Yes it was small and sometimes she was surprised what simpletons would do to themselves but she did have one under all that darkness. Her twisted side stayed at home when she came to work. She could express it when she got back.

Briar saw the door open and a bag enter the room suspended by magic. soon the healer had extracted a small tin and was spreadingt the contents accross her arm. when the paste was put on her skin it was cold, but she could already feel a tingling as the skin cells started to regrow. she looked back at the scab on the arm and saw that it was basically hanging on to nothing and all the skin beneath it was healed. "Whatever that is it works well" she said. as the scap dissolved, and she saw that there was still a scar where the wound had been. the werewolf moved her arm and was glad to feel that it was pretty much back to normal.
when the healer said that it made sence to block it out he feelings. she knew the healer didnt know half of the reasons why she wanted to block out the feelings most of all during a full moon. However she wasn't in the mood to talk much at the present time. she hadnt told the last healers she had seen here the reason of her tie with this guy, and she didnt trust sunako enough to be sure she wouldn't report him. she was glad when hte lady just dismissed it like a normal greakup. though Briar knew that a year ago she would never beieve she would e in this situation. there was just some things you couldnt go throught without getting attached to the person you do through it with.
Briar was relieved that she had been dismissed so quickly, she had hardley dais nything about the reason she was there, and she liked the healer though she did have a odd feeling about her. she gtood up. and nodded at the healer. "Thankyou healer Koshiba. I will see you next week." she said before turning and leaving the room.
Session 2

Almost exactly on a week later and briar was walking her way down a hospital; corridor this time here was no orderly with her as she knew where she was going and who she seeing. She had had a good week and was feeling a lot more like her normal self, the mania of new moon had passed and the illness that came with the full moon was still a few days off arriving. she was do to start with her next round of wolfsbane potion today. as the school nurse had said she should take it for a few extra days to make up for it not being any left in her system from the previous months. she reached the room and knocked on the door. not entering incase the healer was seeing someone else. "Healer Koshiba." she said remembering the last name and seeing it on the door told her it was right.

Sunako didn't have other patients at the time well not dealing with the mind that was. She was here only for special cases like Briar. Most Healers didn't want to deal with werewolves. They would deal with part - somethings and most men jumped at the chance of be close to a part veela but Sunako was among the few that would treat a werewolf. Sunako doubled as a medic up at the spell damage ward when she wasn't in the psychiatric ward. Sunako had learned much that she didn't know with in the walls of St. Mungo's but most of her experience had come from the halls of the Koshiba Manor from her days as a slave born. Normally Hoshi would not let the men at the manor touch her but she had seen what they did to the other slave born servants at main manor. It was her that they called if a girl was taken in to serve at one of the parties that the elder Master Koshiba held for his Death Eaters. Sunako could heal the physical damage and sometimes talk them down sometimes though she couldn't and the girl would remain a shell of her former self. It was always sad when this happened but as long as she could still serve her base purpose no one cared. That and things had gotten a bit better since Mrs. Koshiba came back into the picture. The parties still went on but they where much quieter now that there was a Mistress to contend with.

Sunako didn't have to deal with that anymore. She didn't but she still did. There had been a few nights when the girls from the main manor came with another one that had been attacked held between them. Sunako would let them in and let them mingle with her own servants while she treated the victim. Most that knew Sunakp did not see this side of her. Sunako for all the world was fridge and cold. She was a Dementor in veela skin ready to suck to soul out of anyone who crossed her path. This too was Sunako, for all those that hurt other, for all those that made a mockery of those under them Sunako had no mercy. She had been waiting for her case study with legs crossed at the ankle again. She heard the knock at her door and responded with "Come in and have a seat. We may have a fuller day now that I'm sure your feeling better.". Her voice was kind but direct. Sunako had been eager to see how Briar was feeling but she didn't let it show too much.

Briar had had a rather interesting week. met some people and did some things she hadn't felt practically proud of, but an experience was an experience at the end of the day. even if one had been with a girl in the harbour, and then another a guy in new year, she didn't regret them as they had helped her realise things, and there wasn't much she could do to change the past. she just had learn and make mistakes and whatnot which she had done. she heard the healers voice and opened the door sat down on one of the chairs. and smiled at the healer, she had always been a morning person, and she had cycled here from the school,on a bite that she had discovered in an old shed at the school and gained permission to use. "good morning healer. and happy new year" she said. seven years in the human world and she knew that it was custom to wish people happy new year. "I am feeling a lot calmer today. thank you" she said. reaching into her bag and taking her water bottle, she drank a mouthful, as her mouth was still a little dry from the ride over, but as the nurse had banned her from quidditch until after the holiday, to give her arm time to heal, she had to do something to keep her fitness up for the next semester as soon she would be needed to try for professional teams. and running here was too for for today. "alright, a full day is good, so lets get starting" she said rushing into the appointment like she rushed into most things. she always liked to be doing things, when she had nothing to do she had to fid something,usually a run or something.

Sunako let out a noisy breath through her nose while one corner of her lip upturned. This was as close to a laugh as anyone was going to get out of her. Sunako was a stoic figure through and through. "And a happy new year to you too. Alright then we can start by having you tell me a bit about your background if you feel comfortable doing so. As you can see I have your record right here but it only starts from when you got bitten on wards which could not have been that long ago." She said trying to make the girl feel more comfortable around her as well as get more information on what it was that had Brair the girl that she was. She seemed comfortable in her werewolf skin more or less. The other one that she had met seemed depressed all the time and had been here for a very specific reason. Brair was here for a reason too but she thought it best to get up to the point where she trusted her enough to tell her why being left by a boyfriend would make her so distraught that she went without wolves bane for so long. Last session she said she understood heartbreak as being a reason though Sunako's heart break had been different. The betrayal had felt when her parents sold her was still with her but she had forgiven them somewhat. "We can start with your childhood if you'd like." She said a small kind smile on her china doll face.

Briar smiled when the healer wished her a happy new year, she had had an interesting new years eve, but the less said about that the better. Briar wasn't surprised that there was very little on her in her files. she had not been to the hospital until she had been bitten, and she was sure that the few incidents she had had at school wouldn't make their way to the hospitals file even if it was the magical world. "No I think the bite was around 16 months ago. august of last year. I mean the year before last" she said remembering that it was now officially the next year.
thought a bit about her background, she wasn't sure how much she would be able to say. as she had promised her family that she wouldn't tell anyone about them when she had been kicked out, but she had grown a lot from the wild child, to a teenager who was still rather wild but in a totally different way. when asked about the childhood she decided to start off with the basics and build on there "I grew up in europe, I cant give you an exact place or even country because I my family used to travel a lot. we used to travel through the forests and live of the land, what we could hunt or collect." she said taking another sip of her water bottle before continuing. "when I was about eleven a witch came and told me I had a place at the school here, when my family realised that i was a witch and attracted witches and wizards to their forrest they disowned me, so i came to new zealand with the lady, where I went though about six months of schooling in reading and writing and other stuff before starting hogwarts here" she said. she wasn't sure how much more detailed she needed her to be, she would be able to go into more retail if she wanted to, It seemed unlikely that the healer would go after her family, and anyway ever since jacksons death she hadn't felt as close to the centaurs as she had in her past. "I was adopted by my best friends family in my fourth year, and at the end of my fifth year my step farther was killed. I sort of saw myself responsible so I ran away and spent the winter holiday camping, that is when I got bit, since then I have been pretty normal." she said chuckling only she could say her life had been normal after she had been bitten by a werewolf.

Sunako took notes on what Briar was saying. This did not explain why she had no records. If the parents had been magical they would have been in the registry meaning that Brair would have been in the registry. Though she assumed that traveling like they did one would not often stay long enough to have a medical record in any one place but getting them from one place to another was not too had seeing as St. Mungo's was technically one building with many entrances all over the world. When Sunako said that she was going back to Japan she meant that she was going back to the part of the hospital that treated those that came in from Japan. Again she was thinking of staying the New Zealand sector though. "If you don't mind me pointing out there are no records of your parents or you, at least medicinally speaking. Tracing you was difficult but if you where found by the magic registry it means that you had the spark in you. Tell me why would this be? She asked gently so as not to seem like she was prying too hard. This was not terribly important to what they where doing here so she would drop it if Briar felt as if was too personal but Sunako was curios.

Sunako noticed that Briar said that she had been normal ever since her bite and tilted her head a bit. "This meaning as of you didn't feel as if you felt as if you didn't quite fit your skin before and now you do or meaning as if life has become calmer since your bite?" Sunako asked as she wrote her own question down so she could remember what the answer went to and then how she analyzed it. Sunako was very careful with her notes because she was of the age when she could be considered a full Healer but she could not seem to advance. She hoped that this study, this paper would give her the push she needed to become a full Healer. Sunako finished writing as soon as she finished talking and put her hands together in front of her with the quill in between her hands and her chin rested on the tip of her middle finger. This stance meant if anything that she was intrested.

briar could tell that the healer was a little perplexed about her story. her past was not one that was common, in fact she hadn't heard of anyone who had been brought up like she was. she almost laughed when the healer said that she had no records on her parents or on her childhood. "I would be surprised if you did, I have no records on my parents to I cant help you there. but for me I never set fot in a hospital until my bite, unless you count the hospital wing at school." she said. she wasn't sure what her parents records had to do with her taking the potion, but sunako was a healer, and therefore knew what she was doing, and briar trusted her, as she wanted to get fixed. "like I said we were travellers, and by that I mean nomadic, I never had a set address until I was brought here, to new zealand, goodness I never sleped in a bed until i was eleven." she said laughing slightly, it sounded like she was joking but she was dead serious. "I promised my family i wouldn't tell anyone about them, but If you keep your confidentiality things you were talking about last week I will tell you." she said pausing to hear the healers response. "when I was born I was found in the forest by a heard of centaurs. they where who brought me up. but I certainly cant tell you which heard." she said. it was always interesting watching peoples reaction to this, not that she had told many people, her sister, brother and the Margeras when they took her in, Sid, Dederick, and a few other people.
at the next question she thought for a moment, she wasn't quite sure what she had meant, other than she had felt more like she fit in with who she was. "I guess I meant was that before it was funny tying to balance being human with, I know it sounds mad but a creature, i know I was alway purely human but my childhood was never treated as anything less than a to hoofed centaur" she said referring to her nickname "twohoof" something the other foals had called her. "but i guess since the bite I have sort of got a valid reason for not being human, or something. If you don't mind me asking what has this go to do with why I am here?" she said adding the question on the end it wasn't that she didn't ant o answer the healers question but she was just curious. thinking about it like that was odd, as she realised that almost every time she had told someone she had gained something, Madlyn had become a sister, Jackson had adopted her, Minoas a brother, Dederick, a boy friend, and sidda a close friend, though she had drifted away from the last two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back