You're Safe

Ashton noticed a man walk towards the room and he seemed very familiar, after a few seconds of thought he noticed the man as the Auror who he didn’t quite catch the name of. Following him as requested he moved into the room to stand next to Aeon, Eden would proabably go crazy seeing him here and being in the line of fire wasn’t on his to do list for this morning. Ashton stayed quiet, he wouldn’t be able to say anything intelligent for this situation so he decided not to say anything at all instead her just picked up Scarlet off the end of the bed and rested her on his chest elbowing Aeon strongly in the back to signal to move before watching Aeon sit down and placing Scarlet in his lap with a curious smile on his face, he didn’t need to listen to the questions he just needed his sister home safe so he could stop feeling like a horrible brother.</COLOR>
…​
<COLOR color="#000">

Once the questions were finished Ashton realised he had been studying the man for the past few minutes, he looked oddly familiar but he couldn’t put his finger on it, someone as powerful as an auror wouldn’t be seen at any of his concerts so he highly doubted it was then, knowing that staring at the man may seem a bit weird he rubbed his face and waited. Standing up the young Wizard and walked over to the bed 'She doesn’t give up, not when her family is involved and considering the beating bludgers give her are you really surprised man' he said looking at the Auror. Saying that Ashton was his brother made Ashton laugh 'Our mother couldn’t have children with the same man twice even if she wanted to.' he said shaking his head 'Kida is my Half Sister, Our mother is Loraine Chamberlain, we share different Fathers, You probably see on your Report she’s a muggle born but I’m a half blood, My Father is Jethro Valley he’s a Wizard, if you need to see him for some odd reason last I saw him was in Paris when I was fourteen' Ashton said making sure the Auror didn’t have any reason to doubt him. Ashton looked at Kida for a moment and back to the Auror 'You look more like my Brother than Kida does my sister how ever' he said making a joke.

Kida was about to yell at Aeon for not staying at her house if most of his stuff was there when a strange man walked in the room, it didn’t take long for the connection to click and for her to realise that it was the Auror who had been there when she was found. Kida raised her eyebrows and uncrossed her arms and rubbed her Crescent moon scar on her left hand. The mention of more questions made Kida want to pretend to be asleep but that wouldn’t work. 'Okay' she said simply and watched the quill, she looked at it and realised that she had to contact her dad but that had to wait until she got home and the quicker she got through the questions the better.

Once the questions were done Kida noticed that Aeon had Scarlet she raised an eyebrow at him to make sure he wasn’t holding her upside down she rolled her eyes knowing that this was Ashtons doing. Kida smiled sharply at the Auror who said that Koaru Koshiba was nice to her 'Would you like to experience what I experienced because believe me he wasn’t Nice as you say' she didn’t want to be told that she was taken easily, she felt the pain but she wouldn’t give up for her family’s sake. Ashton mentioned her getting hit by bludgers and she laughed 'I have a tough outer coating' she added as a joke. The Auror mentioned Ashton being her brother and she shook her head, they liked to call each other half siblings as more of a hatred towards their mother and Ashton liked to prove that their mother was nothing special, he laid out the story simply for the Auror and Kida nodded in agreement 'You never know Ashton he might be your Half Brother' she said as a joke, the resemblance was shocking 'Aeon come here and look at how close these too look and while you’re over here you can give me Scarlet back' knowing that it would be a good reason for him to get up. Kida held her hands out for her daughter.

As Jesse enters the room, Eden leaves to go take care of stuff back home or something. Yeah.

Aeon looked up as the door opened once more, with Ashton and another man entering the small room, followed by Eden's quick departure. Strange. He wondered briefly if he'd missed something and subtly mouthed Who's that guy? to Ash, only to be nudged from his perch at the foot of the bed. He instead flopped down into one of the nearby armchairs, barely settling down before Scarlet was dumped on his lap. "Gee, thanks." he muttered with a roll of his eyes. The girl fidgeted and nearly rolled onto the floor until Aeon quickly pulled her away and awkwardly held her back, not used to dealing with babies, or young children in general. I have no idea what I'm doing. Just please don't up-chuck.

Aeon turned his attention back to the man who entered and had now begun to ask Kida some questions. He quickly realised that he was an Auror, the one thing he wanted to be while growing up. Now however, he was quite content not being a part of that department. It was probably too much work.
After a short time of attempting to entertain Scarlet and keeping her from trying to pull on Quinn's fur, Aeon found himself drawn back into the group after Kida and Ashton heavily hinted at the fact that their mother was a massive sloot. An apparent favourite topic of theirs.
"I think he gets it, guys." he smiled and got to his feet, carefully bringing the bubby over to her mother. "And you know I'm not that good at seeing similarities in most people." He glanced briefly at the Auror. "Try not to make him feel too uncomfortable with your antics.

The connection with this family was very strange, it seemed broken and choppy as if someone had hacked away at a puzzle with scissors and had tried to put the pieces back together. Jesse's family was simple, he had a father and a mother, they were separated but he was their only child, He had lived with his mother his whole life and knew small things about his father, His parents had split when he was ten and that was the last contact he had with his father. His grandparents had all passed away and he lacked any aunts and uncles. Jesse focused on the task at hand, he didn't have time to think about his small family, he hardly knew them anymore. Jesse was content with the information received and they had no more questions. He was ready to leave until the brother, or half-brother as he pointed out mentioned his fathers name. Jesse stopped dead. They were joking about how he looked more like Ashton's brother than Kida did. But...there was no way. He was silent for a moment, then reached into his back pocket and pulled out his wallet. Inside he had a photo he carried on him of his mother and father and him as a child. He slowly slipped it out and handed it to Ashton 'Would you mind telling me if that man looks familiar to you?' he asked curiously. Jesse's mother hardly spoke of why her and his father split up, nor did he bother to find out. He'd always focused on his present life. 'This is probably a completely bizarre and unlikely coincidence, but my father is from Paris. His name is Jethro Valley.' he tilted his head slightly as he looked at Ashton, waiting for a reaction, a glimmer of recognition. The faint sound of a hand smacking into a face came from the blond boy.

With his free hand, jessefolded up his notebook. His case with the girl was closed but he felt as if another one, a more personal case was opening.

Ashton ignored aeon and accepted the photo from the Auror giving Aeon a look as in to say 'Calm Down you crazy person' Ashton shook his head and looked at the photo and consciencely made an effort to hold his jaw closed so it didn't drop through the floor when he saw the man in the photo, Ashton quickly pulled his wallet out of his back pocket an opened it up and held out a photo for the Auror and shook the photo in his hand as a fan before looking at it again, he wasn't mistaken, the man in the picture was his father. Ashton raised an eyebrow and cocked his head to the side like a confused dog waiting for the man to register his photo.

Ashton collected the photo off the man and handed it to Aeon to have a look and compare 'Okay Mister, Not so good with faces, those men are the same are they not?' he said questioning Aeon, he had to know he wasn't seeing things.

Kida sighed in relief when her case was given the okay, she felt a weight lift off her shoulders and she held Scarlet in her arms and leaned back in her bed and put her child on her chest to lie down, she watched the men exchange family names but her brain wasn't sticking with it, she felt safe and protected. Kida felt her eyelids getting heavy but she stayed awake. Both boys had the same father and when Ashton handed Aeon the photos she waved her hand to signal Aeon to come over and show her the photos.

Kida shook her head 'My Brain wants to melt, this is too complicated, so You're like my Half-Half Brother i guess' she said trying to figure out if Jesse had any connection to her what so ever, another person to invite to Christmas lunch she assumed.

Scarlet was soon snoozing quietly and the soft calm breathing made Kida want to do the same, She sighed and shut her eyes for a moment and drifted off.

Aeon's heart sank and he could feel his stomach slightly twist as the Auror handed over a photo to Ashton and explained that their father had the same name, and lived in the same place.
Aeon literally facepalmed. It wasn't possible. Really, another one? How many long lost relatives did this family need to have? At least this time it wasn't a random turn-up at the door on a rainy day like the last two. It was almost as if there existed a higher power just throwing in random unexpected events for them all to deal with. The more he thought about it, the more he was aware of the strange and unlikely things that always seemed to happen.
"If this is a joke, it isn't very funny." Aeon said, slight annoyance mixed with uncertainty creeping into his voice. Maybe they knew each other and this way just a little greeting they had. An inside joke, maybe. He tried to make up as many excuses as he could in his head, until Ashton came over with both the photos. "This has to be absolute Re'em crap. There's no way.." he started to say, until he looked at both of the images. In one, a younger Auror and his parents. The father, aside from certain aspects like hair length and clothing, looked exactly like the man in Ashton's photo.
"..."
Aeon was at a loss for words. He silently wandered over to the bed where his cousin lay and showed the pictures to her while his mind absorbed the truth of the situation. Loraine had gone and slept with a wizard who already had another son, yet didn't bother to mention that. At least it wasn't another of hers. Still, he missed having just himself, his brother, his parents and his cousin. A small, happy little family. But now, no longer did they have a family tree, oh no. It was a f***ing Yggdrasil.
"Yep. I'm done. I am so done. Take me out of the oven, I am that done." He sighed loudly as he scooped up Quinn and headed for the door. "I'll be at home when you guys are all finished here."
He shut the door behind him, as gently as he could in his state of annoyance. Goddamn. Three surprise relatives in a few short years. He wanted his old family back. When it was like the fake TV families where everything was perfect. Now it had become broken and dysfunctional, Alex and Sern disappearing with the return of his grandmother, plus Ashton and Perseus turning up on Kida's side, and now this guy. A law enforcer.
"Maybe its what our family needs." Aeon whispered to the puffskein on his shoulder. He'd reached the street now and with a turn on the spot, he was gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back