Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Divorced
Sexual Orientation
Straight
Wand
Rosewood Wand 14 1/4" Essence Of Hair From The Mane Of A Unicorn
Violet sighed as she sat down in the only place she could find peace - the North Tower. Everywhere she went, there were people fussing over the Yule Ball. And Violet couldn't understand the fuss at all. It was just a silly dance. She hated dancing. It would be too crowded and noisy and filled with couples. She was only twelve - far too young to be concerned with finding a boyfriend or partner. She hardly knew anyone in the year level at all.

She clutched her novel to her chest as she stared blankly at the wall. It's okay to be lonely, tonight, she thought. I can content myself with the knowledge that I got straight Os for my exams, and that soon I'll be in Brisbane, back home for my summery Christmas, with my family.

And yet - with all the people around her, tonight, her loneliness seemed worse than normal. Sure, she was quiet most of the time, and usually contented herself with study. But classes were finished. And everybody was at the ball. Where did that leave Violet?

Emma spent the whole day getting ready for the ball. She was busy doing her hair and making sure she looked perfect. Yet the second Emma looked in the mirror it was hopeless. "I'll never be perfect" Emma said sadly. Emma made her way out of the Hufflepuff dorm and through the common room. No one was in the common room. Everyone was going to the ball.

Emma couldn't go now. She wanted it to be the best time of the year. she had left Hogwarts last year before the yule ball even came around and she was excited to go this year well until she saw herself in that dreaded mirror. "I'm not going" Emma said as she passed the great hall glancing in to see all the people looking so pretty in their dresses. Emma needed a spot to be alone or at least surrounded by few people.

Emma decided the north tower was that place. She climbed up the stairs picking up her dress as she walked. Emma felt the fabric in her hands silky and nice with lace. "All dressed up with no where to go" She said as she made it to the top of the stairs.

Emma looked around and noticed Voilet up in the North tower. She looked lonely as lonely as Emma felt standing there in a while dress deciding that the ball was not a place for someone like her. Emma put on a smile as she went over to Violet a fellow Hufflepuff. "Hello" she said smiling letting her dress down sweeping the floor. "Can I join you?" She asked.

Violet smiled. "Sure. You're not at the ball?" she asked. She looked at her hands. Maybe it wasn't something she should ask. But she'd asked anyway. She wouldn't pry in to the matter too much, in any case.

Emma smiled "Thanks" She said as she walked over and sat by Violet. She thought it probably wasn't the smartest thing to do in a dress but it didn't matter she had no where to go anyhow. "No" Emma said "I'm not at nor going to the ball" She said. She really wanted to go but she just couldn't get herself to go with the state of her and how everyone else looked so wonderful.

"Why aren't you going?" Emma asked wondering if she was getting to personal.

Violet shrugged. "No dress, nor partner. I'm not really in to balls, anyway." There was also the fact that she couldn't afford a dress, and it wasn't too likely that her parents would buy a ball gown for their 12 year old daughter. She'd wait until she was older. "So how have you been?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back