Cairo Keller

C A I R O o Q U I N N o K E L L E R
I've spent so long trying to fit in that I've lost sight of where I belong

Penelope-Cruz.jpg

Marital Status: Divorced
Nationality: A well-travelled Australian
Children: None but she would like to start a family one day
Appearance: Medium height with chestnut-brown hair cascading in waves, green eyes. Cairo wears comfortable muggle clothes, earth-toned knitwear with blue jeans and leather boots. When teaching she wears smarter, more traditional clothing.
Profession: Lower Years Muggle Studies Professor

Personality: Enthusiastic, Spontaneous, Sociable, Honest, Wayward and Awkward
Cairo grapples with addictive tendencies.

History: Born into a wizarding family in Australia, Cairo Quinn Keller spent her childhood homeschooled due to her family's adherence to traditional wizarding schools and preferred travelling the world with their daughter learning magic in a more hands on way. They moved so much that Cairo never truly made roots or had a consistent education anywhere. This had a lasting impact on Cairo who never felt entirely at ease anywhere. As she came of age, Cairo crossed the veil, so to speak, and continued to travel but in the muggle world instead.

Her travels exposed her to the beauty and wonder of muggle existence, leading her to meet her husband, a New Zealand muggle. Settling in Wellington, they built a life together, and Cairo distanced herself from magic. She did not reveal her wizarding background to her husband and wonders even today if that had been the best decision as it gave her secrets and lies, neither of which she has ever been very good with.

Despite outward appearances of contentment, Cairo felt a persistent sense of unease and feeling unsettled, as if a vital part of herself remained unfulfilled. She tried her hand at great number of jobs but nothing seemed to fit, she lacked the skills and qualifications needed for a successful muggle life or magical life. She never really truly felt she belonged and she became addicted to the luxuries that muggle life offered, including ‘freemium’ games on her phone. She started to build up debt and this caused strain on all things including her marriage. Her marriage eventually faltered, and Cairo returned to her wizarding roots seeking a new purpose. Feeling constrained once more within the magical community, Cairo stumbled upon the vacancy for the Muggle Studies professor at Hogwarts NZ, sensing it might offer the missing piece of her story.

Accepting the position, Cairo aims to bridge the gap between the magical and muggle worlds, drawing from her personal experiences. She wants to inspire her students to appreciate both worlds, fostering understanding and respect for each other's cultures while navigating her own journey of self-acceptance and finding her place between two distinct yet intertwined societies.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back