Cuz this is what I do

Hoshi Icchihara

OOC First Name
Ana V
Wand
Cherry Wand 12 1/2" Essence of Wood Rose
Hoshi had just finished detention and flying lessons. She knew that tomorrow was thier day off which ment they had just survived thier first week of classes. There was no one at the Slytherin table at the moment though people from other classes where coming in. Hoshi got an idea. She had been saving these for a special occation. This seemed like a good one. Hoshi took out a small round ball with a fuse at the end. It looked like a muggle cherry bomb but Hoshi was too good for that. This was a Dr. Filibuster's wet start no heat firework. A set of twelve came cheep in Japan and she had about three of them.

Placing one in a cup of water Hoshi set the cup in the middle of the Slytherin table and waited. It took about two seconds but it went off in a green trail up to the inchanted cilling where it exploded in a circule of green sparks. Hoshi claped and put three cups in row this time each with a wet start firework inside. Each one gave a simmer show though the hights and color of sparks where diffrent. Hoshi went up down the Slytherin table setting off these small fireworks here and there. She really didn't care if the Slytherins looked down at her for this. It was fun for her.

On entering the Great hall Brandon came face to face with a rather peculiar sight. A Slytherin girl was setting off fireworks from their table. She was lucky that there was as yet no one else about. He walked over to the table and sat down near one end, watching her and waiting for the noise of the fireworks to disperse. She was doing a bang up job with them and he commended her silently. Though he certainly wasn't going to do so personally.
When the noise eventually filtered out he clapped his hands.
"Bravo, bravo little girl. Nice show when is the next performance?" his sarcasm was also punctuated with a hint of humour. Anyone who set off such noisey and visibly stunning fireworks in the Great Hall for anyone to witness was either completely stupid or had the maddest, crazy streak running through them. He was hoping to find out exactly which of these the girl was.

Hoshi turned to the handsome boy that had spoken to her and put on her arrogent grin. "Whenever I feel like putting on a show next. You think you can wait that long?" She said with her hands on her hips. She had not been looking for aprovel but she was kinda happy that someone found it funny. "What your name anyway?" She asked fashing her wide cartoon grin at him. She didn't know if he would like it but then agian she didn't care much. "I'm Hoshi." She added trying to be a little friendly. She didn't mind that he had called her a little girl. She was 4"9' tall so really she was a little girl. Crazy may have been what she was because she had no explenation for the outfit she had chosen to chainge into. A green fitted shirt with safty pins going down all her right side. On the right was a black heart decal and the shoulders where puffed. She had black capri pants puffed where her black heavely buckled boots started just under her knees. Hoshi fingered another small firework in her pocket as she looked at the boy. He was challenging her thing against having crushes on boys.

Jacob was hungry.He was also happy that his first week had gone well.He expected to sleep once he got into the common room because he was exhausted but he knew that he would be spending some time eating.When he walked into the great hall he saw a Slytherin girl setting off fireworks.Probably some one who didnt fear Professor Manteia.He walked up to the table and drew a chair near to where the girl was now standing.
"What's the occasion?"he asked grinning at gut."Or is this a try to provoke our Head of house?"
He knew that he didn't fear the head of house but still he couldn't afford getting a detention in his first week.

Hoshi shrugged. "A bit of both I think. Originally I was planing on this being a celebration of the end of the first week. We did it with our sanity in tact or at least whatever of it I have left." She said her voice had a joking edge to it now. She looked the new boy up and down. He was cute but with Hoshi's 'I will not date the boys I intend to play with' thing going she showed no other signs that she did in fact like boys. She knew that other girls her age where dating already, the thing was she didn't want someone telling her what to do, when to do it. Hoshi loved her freedom.

"It actually wasn't very tough because it were only introductions mostly.If you loose your sanity now Hoshi,what will happen to you during the exams?"he smirked.He thought that this girl had really lost some sanity puting up a show like this in the great hall.It was lucky for her that the teachers had not yet arrived.

Hoshi rolled her eyes. "I'm not talking about classes Jake-kun." She said with a bright smile. She had gotten detention, given the suits of armor footprints in the third floor corridor and done this little spectacle it was a crazy first week for her. Not to mention what her friends where getting into and she was glad she did not have a boyfriend.

"Morning. Morning. And morning." Henric muttered in a dull monotone to address each person, clearly not a morning person. His usually extremely neat and swept back hair was all over the place, the braided knot-ponytail he wore dangling limply at the back of his head. Casting dangerously impatient, blank orbs around as he drifted forward lamely, a wandering Hufflepuff first year bumped into his leg. He was albeit tall for a first year, after all.

"S-sorry." The poor boy murmured as he fell awkwardly, looking around anxiously for his table.

In a flash, Henric's annoyed features merged to form a charming smile as he helped the boy up. "No worries." He replied softly, gesturing to the table coated in yellow behind the emerald green. "That's your table, we all have our morning moments." Henric ignored the hufflepuff boy's grateful stare as he ran off to his table. As soon as he neared his fellow Slytherins his smile dropped again so that his annoyed frown etched itself upon his otherwise handsome features.

Taking a seat wordlessly, as if Hoshi had not just set of miniature firecrackers, he started piling mashed potato on a silver platter. "You people should really sit down and eat." He finally said, as if acknowledging their presence while he poured water into a goblet.

Hoshi looked at Henric with a raised eyebrow. Did he really just try to tell her what to do? Hoshi sat down on the table and crossed her booted feet at the knee, placing one on the bench in front of them. "There I'm seated." She said with a smirk on her face. She looked at Jake and her smirk became a smile. The twinkle in her dark brown eyes was one that she got when she had just gotten way with something.

Henric was now eating the mashed potatoes off his silver plate with a spoon, almost randomly picking up a knife. He paused for a moment, then hurled the knife forward with a flourish, letting the blade sink into the wood next to Hoshi's foot with surprising force. He raised his eyes, with were now shadowed and looking quite depraved. "Even in the morning, manners are essential. Hoshi-Chan." The new suffix in Japanese was purposely added as he addressed Hoshi, his gentleman's demeanour clicking on as he smiled charmingly, as if he did not just chuck a piece of cutlery that nearly impaled her foot at her.

Hoshi wanted to giggle but she did not giggle even if a dinner knife had just been hurled at her foot. "And your the one to make me honer them Henric-kun?" She asked taking a stab at taking the knife out of the bench. The cut was surprisingly shallow for the thunk that she head when the knife entered the wood. It would not have cut though her boots anyway. The toes where steel on the inside and thick leather on the outside. The dagger that she had noticed on him more times than not would have done the job. With a lightning move she tossed the dinner knife passes Henric's head. Hoshi returned a rather Gasha like smile at him.

Henric raised his hand smoothly, catching the knife flying forward with both fingers in a swift motion. With a downward movement, the knife found itself stuck in the wood again. As if a blade exchange had not happened between them, Henric busied himself eating Breakfast, taking a loaf of bread and tearing it apart absently. "I would not have a lady hone my weapons." He murmured, taking a bite of the loaf and chewing on it. "You're getting used to school then? I've heard of the pranks you pull on a regular basis."

Hoshi nodded, swiping the other half of the bread from Henric's hand and taking a bite. Hoshi would prove that on occasion she was a skilled thief. "Yeah it's better than doing nothing or running around like a rabbit in spring time." She said refuring the the unusual mount of relationships that have sprung up before the year was even half over. There as a part of her that thought she had just signed her death certificate but that was part of the fun for her. She uncrossed and recrossed her legs in a very lady like manner but she was still on the table and had no intention of coming down.

"Hn." Was the indifferent reaction from Henric; as usual, in the morning he had zero to little personality. TIlting his head skywards, he stared at the enchanted ceiling for a moment, then returned his gaze to his plate. Impaling a sausage with a fork, he fit in into the loaf of bread and took several bites to finish it. Mildly registering one of his bread loaves being stolen off his plate, he half-heartedly smiled lazily at Hoshi's behaviour. "Acting of ladies, that reminds me... I have to go watch over Ojou-sama." He shook his head roughly a few times to wake himself up, letting his dark hair swoop over his eyes.

Hoshi sighed inwardly. She could not get to this guy she was starting to fear. Then again she may not want to get under Henric's skin. That was the internal battle inside her though she didn't often acknowledge it. She dismissed the pings she got as a need to bug him. "Ojou-Sama? Is that that white haired girl your always with? What is she to you?" She asked not caring if she was intruding on something she should not. She placed her elbow on her leg so she could place her head on her fist. Another ping came to her as she watched Henric's hair fall into place. Again she thought it was the need to bother him acting up again.

With a sweep of his fingers he managed to hand-comb his dark hair back into place, closing one eye and gazing right into Hoshi's eyes with the other. The fact one of his eyes was enough to shadow two of hers was something odd, to the common viwer. Blinking and casting both of his black orbs towards the Hufflepuff table, he smiled blankly as the new question was poised. "She is but my mistress, and I am but a butler." He caught the eye of a confused Slytherin boy looking at him in mid-chomp, and waved his hand airily while beaming at him. "Chinese family traditions." He faked. Turning his piercing gaze back to Hoshi, he stabbed another sausage with a fork and waved it in the air. Then he set it down and got up, smoothing down his black cloak. Turning to her slightly, he said, "I'll have to go watch Ojou-Sama now - want me to help you up?" He offered, extending a hand to her current position.

ping, ping, ping

Hoshi closed her eyes to brake the contact with Henric's eyes and whatever she was feeling then rolled her eyes. It was stupid and get in the way of her fun. "Wow she must be some super rich super star." Hoshi said slipping into Japanese for a moment. She didn't bother to translate now her 'if you don't know you don't need to know' nature coming out. She wondered what the real story behind Henric was because she did not buy that it was tradition for a second. "Na, you can go do whatever it is that you have to do I'm going to stay here and explain why there are several cups with gun powder burn in them." She said laughter in her voice. She turned her head, letting her green hair fall over the side of her face and cought sight of the white haired girl. She was in Hufflepuff and all the Hufflepuffs she knew where good people thought not people that she would let in on her little hobby of death and looking up different forms of it. Hoshi let it go thinking things would revel themselves in time.

Henric allowed himself to revel in enigmatic joy for a moment, then commented softly, "I do know Japanese." When Hoshi spoke in the language. Canting his head sideways when she declined his offer, he mused, "It's improper for a lady to sit as such. Hence, I insist on helpign you up." With a flourish of his arm he gripped hold of her leg, and pulled her off the table in a gesture of surprising force; smoothly reaching out to catch hold of her and pull her inches away from his own face, he plastered a smile upon his features. Henric hummed as he tilted his head forward, as if he was about to kiss her - his dark hair brushing dangerously close against the green, then he pulled back and waved as he walked off and disappeared into the crowd of people coming in for Breakfast.

Hoshi was about to say that he could shove what was 'proper' where the sun didn't shine when she felt herself fly off the table. It wasn't until she was staring straight at Henric that she realized what had happened. Again her eyes where wide with surprise. What the hell was the matter with this boy? She let out a breath she didn't know she was holding. Was he going to actually kiss her? Stone-face Henric wanting to kiss her was something that was as unbelievable to Hoshi as a true fortuneteller living in Tokyo. Then he let her go, waving at her like he did this every day. Hoshi brushed at the spot where she felt their hair make contact. She found a single piece of black hair come away with her hand. Her eyes went ember. "HENRIC LEE THE NEXT TIME YOU DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT I SWEAR I WILL HURT YOU, YOU..." Then went off yelling a sting of Japanese curse words and curses in general that where very unladylike but she didn't care at the moment. Her cheeks where red with what she thought was anger.

Jacob looked arround to see a boy with dark black hair approaching.He had seen this boy in sorting and had his first impression,"A perfect slytherin." but now he looked like he was having a bad morning.He sat down on the atble thinking that he'd better eat.He started eating ,not quite paying attention to his food.He was observing the little friendly ,little unfriendly behaviours or his fellow.He wasn't disturbed by the exchange of the knife.He expected things like these from Henric,Hoshi called him.Only noting hat it was not a sharp knife so it wouldnt pierce much,just stab a little.He was startled when Henric pulled Hoshi down from the table.Hoshi seemed very disturbed so she was screaming in Japanese.Suddenly,Jacob tasted something in his mouth and spit it out.He had eaten a sausage."EEWW!"he cried.
he had eaten half of a sausage.He was a vegetarian and he had never tasted a sausage so it tasted not so good to him.it tasted worse because he had a prejudice against meat.He loved animals.
He drank the glass full of pumpkin juice up in one gulp.He felt like he was going to puke.

[sorry time just gets away from me]

Brandon loaded his plate and ignoring the other first years that entered and spoke with the rebellious Slytherin girl, he chose to simply tuck into his meal. Once or twice when the obnoxious Asian boy said or did something to the girl that rattled even Brandons chain, he was tempted to get up and jinx him but he let it lie. Choosing instead to keep a close eye on him and to make sure the girl came to no harm when around the boy she referred to as Henric. With his plate now empty and the boy gone, Brandon stood up as well and walked down the table to where the girl was.
"You ok?" he wasn't too sure whether he gave a fig if she was or not but he was raised not to treat girls the way she had just been treated.

Hoshi simmered down after her explosion of temper got the better of her. She had cursed Henric, his name and family to the middle of next week with words but could not do it with magic just yet. She looked at Brandon out of the corner of her eyes and gave him a predetory smile. "I'm fine but I think Jake-kun has a problem with the school's meat." She said pointing over at where Jacob had spat out some of his brakefast.

Jake drank a second glass of pumpkin juice,now the taste was almost gone."No,I am fine,"he said coughing a little."Its that I am vegeterian."he explained to Hoshi and the second year boy.He made a mental note of visiting the kitchens to talk to a house elf about his food.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back