First Years, Lesson One

Landon was very excited for his first Herbology lesson with his new first years. He was confident that he was going to have fun with them and would try his best to make the year as good as possible for them.

The Professor stood at the front of the Herbology greenhouse with a beaming smile on his face as he looked around the room, waiting for his new batch of first years to arrive. The greenhouse was decorated with still pictures of muggle plants, from daisies to tulips to orange jessamine. They wouldn't be learning much about them, but he still felt that the plants were pretty and that it gave the atmosphere a homely feel. He was sure that the muggle-born students like himself were going to like the interesting touch too and he hoped that it would make them feel comfortable during their first lesson with him.

Soon enough, the first group of students entered the greenhouse followed by more and more people which just made the man even more excited for the lesson. "Come in, come in!" Landon exclaimed as he gestured for a couple of hesitating children standing at the door to make their way inside.

Once everyone was settled Professor Carter began pacing the room in his best attempt to make himself comfortable. "Good afternoon first years, I am Professor Carter and I will be your Herbology professor for your first to fourth year." He said, his voice quite loud and clear around the greenhouse. "Now, can anyone tell me what Herbology is?" Landon pointed to a student in the front row and smiled at them. When they managed to get the answer right, Professor Carter beamed. "3 points to your house! Herbology is the study, along with the use, of both magical and mundane plants. The way muggles look after them are much similar to the way wizards look after them, but with obviously some magic involved." The man paused as he looked around at his students, some of which were writing notes already. Many of them were listening intently, which made Professor Carter smile. "But don't be too worried about all of that just yet. For now, I will be handing around pieces of paper and a pencil with a little introductory quiz on it. Luckily, it will only be one of your few assignments this year. I look forward to teaching you all." Landon handed each person in his class a single piece of paper and a pencil before dismissing them. Parchment was too overrated, and his students would be seeing none of that in his classes.

Quiz

Name:

House:

What are you looking most forward to about Herbology?:

Do you prefer lectures or going outside?:

If you have any questions, please write them here and I will answer them to the best of my ability:

-----

Assignment: Just post attendance and fill out the form above! First poster, please answer the question. Please also take some time to check out the Herbology Classroom Policy.

Alana was on the fence about if she would enjoy Herbology or not, she wasn't a big fan of plants in general so it didn't seem like it would be a class she liked, but she kept an open mind as she made her way down to the greenhouse. Professor Carter, as he would go onto introduce himself as, was waiting for them to start the lesson. It went a lot like the first lessons had during the previous semester with a general introduction to the professor and the subject with little to actually do during the lesson. When he asked the class if they knew what Herbology was in general she raised her hand. "Its the study of magical plants right?" She answered but her voice uncertain as she was only going off the fact they were in a greenhouse. She took the quiz and filled it in before she handed it in on her way out of the greenhouse at the end of the lesson.

Quiz

Name: Alana Cosgrove

House: Slytherin

What are you looking most forward to about Herbology?: Learning something other than casting a spell

Do you prefer lectures or going outside?: lectures

If you have any questions, please write them here and I will answer them to the best of my ability:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back