Unknown
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Dederick
Wand
Briars rowan, 15", with centaur (aspens) tail hair and my werewolf fur
[adminapproval=ID# 8707765]
August the tenth. Briar had been taking wolfsbane for the last seven days and tonight would be a full moon. however it wasn't a normal full moon, it was the first one in two years she hadn't spent with dederick. it was late in the morning and Briar was already starting to feel a little drained. she was in obsidian harbour. sitting out the front of one of the cafe's eating a steak and apple she watched people pass as she ate. she felt uncomfortable sitting on the chair on her own. she was sued to feeling fat now but it was more than that it was almost like she was nervous. if the seer was to be believed tonight may be a huge night for her. tonight she was spending the night in the hospital. She had been to see her healer, healer Koshiba, and organised it. as although she wasn't due for another two weeks she had met elvera a seer who she had seen a few times before and who had never been wrong that she knew of. so if Le fey said that she would give birth during a full moon she wanted to be prepared. from what she could tell it could be this month or next month so if it wasn't today then maybe she was wrong or maybe it was next month. she got up and started wandering the shops aimlessly by one o'clock she was outside the hospital she looked out over the harbour and wished it was the next morning already. she then turned and entered the hospital.
She headed straight up to the first floor she took a seat in the waiting room. Things were planned and her room was set up. She and Suniko had set it up the previous week. it looked like a very very bare hospital room, just a simple bed, and a basic bedside table and a cupboard on the wall in which she could put her things overnight all of there furnishings were of solid construction. but what wasn't seen was that the entire room had been surrounded in charms. It had been charmed it so as to ensure no matter what happened she would be unable to leave unless a healer undid the charms. "I have an appointment with healer Koshiba" she said to the lady at the desk before sitting and flipping through a quidditch magazine that was at least six months old. it wasn't what she usually would be doing but she wanted something to do with her hands. otherwise she would be pacing or fidgeting or something. and it really wasn't good for her to fidget as is she fidgeted the lump fidgeted and there wasn't much room in there. solid movement it was okay with and stayed calm but fidgeting it too got restless.

Sunako had spent the day so far taking care of normal almost boring patients. The most exciting thing that she had seen was a small child who had fallen off his parents broom and broken his arm. It was a simple fix and she was back in her office pouring over medical books. The rest of the morning passed quickly. There was a knock on the door to her office and as she looked up she saw a healer in training. Before she could ask why she was being disturbed she was informed that her only pregnant patient was there. Closing her book Sunako got to her feet and went to the waiting room.

"Good afternoon Briar. If you will please follow me I will take you back to the room so you can get settled in." Sunako said turning around and heading back the way she came not waiting for Briar but not rushing so that Briar ended up lost. Some said that Sunako had a bad bedside manner but Sunako saw herself as professional and unwilling to allow her emotions to get in the way of doing her job.

It wasnt long before Briar heard a familiar voice and saw healer Koshiba coming towards her. she got herself up and greeted the healer. "Healer Koshiba. I know i am early But i wanted to get set up as usually I have a real energy drain at around mid afternoon" she said. though it was likely be a little early this month as it was winter so the night started early and also it was more so since she had become pregnant. they made their way along the corridor to the room on the door was a sign that said Room 101: Isolation inside was a small narrow room with a desk and some seats. the main feature of this room was the large window and door that lead into the isolation room, a simple single room with few creature comforts other than its own toilet come showered off to one side. It was a room where the occupants could be supervised without there being any interaction between the two people other than through an intercom. the room was designed to be used by people with infectious diseases. lycanthropy was almost an infectious disease? right. a few alterations and the room had been set up. Briar turned to the healer. "Thank you, if the seer was wrong then sorry." she said looking down. she really was starting to feel drained already. maybe she could get a few hours sleep before the night. she looked at the bed. Is there anything else that needs doing? she asked. she saw that there were a few things that had been added to the room since she had last been there. bedding, and a hospital gown were on the bed, not that briar had much use for that. and as she opened the cupboard she saw that there was a couple of blankets. she took her bag and started unpacking it slowly. placing the clean clothes in the cupboard and locking it and taking a couple of lengths of rope and a muzzle and putting them on the table next to the bed where she noticed there was a tray of food and a bottle. leaving the bottle where it was she cut the plates of food on the floor before deciding that she was as ready as she needed to be for now and sitting down ready for the last briefing by the healer and final (hopefully) checkup of the pregnancy. "Okay. I think i am ready. I may see if i can get some sleep before things start happening. as i can feel the moon draining me. if it is okay. may I you be able to shut the blinds when i ask until i am transformed as i find it easer to transform when i don't have any constraining clothes." she said. and then had a thought. "If any of the healers want to come and see a werewolf then they can come and have a look if they want." she said. it wasn't that she particularly wanted an audience. it was more that she knew it would be something many people wouldn't see except when fearing for life and limb like she had once been. so they may find it interesting and it wouldn't harm her really. everyone already knew she was a werewolf.

Sunako wasn't really listening to what was being said. Truthfully she hated dealing with pregnant patients. She was more interested in deadly things like bites and poisons and creatures but Briar was a special case. It wasn't often a werewolf gave birth and all the other healers at the hospital had no interest in putting themselves at risk. So Briar would be Sunako's first and last pregnant patient and if anything had a problem with it they would find a nasty surprise waiting for them at home.

As Briar readied herself Sunako made sure that everything was bolted down and that the door and window where nice and heavy and in place. Once Briair was ready Sunako gave her a once over listening to her heart and lungs. Checking the size of her stomach and than finally listening to the baby's heartbeat.
"If your baby is born tonight the first thing we will do is put you under once the child is out to protect the child. You will most likely wake up in the morning with a headache from the drugs but the number one thing is getting the baby and myself out of this room while your in wolf form."

Sunako nodded her head when Briar told her once she was transformed if people wanted they could come and see a wolf. "I'm sure the other healers would like that but you are not a animal in some muggle zoo. If they had wanted to see a wolf they should have offered to help me care for you. It will just be you and I and a few healers I trust." Sunako wasn't fond of most of the people she worked with so the fewer people bugging her when she had to work the better.

Briar waited as the healer did the last check up. listening to her heart, and the kids. as well as taking a few other measurements and readings before apparently deeming her fit. she should be fit as she had been running every day until about a week ago and like any pregnant lady can tell you that is no mean feat. she listened as healer Koshiba talked about the plan, how they were going to basically knock her out via potions or magic once she had had the baby. "That's fine. i would much rather be out for a few hours than hurt the kid" she said. suddenly she felt her energy begin to drain. she knew from experience that she would have hardly enough to move for a few hours until about thirty minutes before transformation and then she would be restless. "I did tell the lady who was going to adopt the kid. that she could come so she could be mum as soon as it is born, I think you may know of her as her sister seemed to know you well. Elvera Le Fey" she said. "also my friend and other healerJeremy Thorne a healer may come as i sort of told him i would be here" she said she had been to see the quidditch with jeremy and faxen and although she felt like a bit of a third wheel as the other two had been dating before and she had never been faxens number one fan. but she had mentioned to him when she was possibly going to have the baby. after all it was him who had finally convinced her to go and see a healer. she looked at healer Koshiba hoping she wouldn't mind. she had mentioned both of these before when she had set up the room but she wanted to be sure the lady remembered. "okay. so the plan now is that i rest for a few hours. until just before the transformation. I will let you know when it is due and then could you please close the blinds for a few minutes as transformation is really uncomfortable with any kind of clothing on" she said. lying back at the bed wondering if she would be able to get any sleep as she knew even if she didn't have the kid she was in for a long night.

It was a few hours later. briar had been lying on the bed for a while. maybe she had got a little sleep but no more than half an hour. when she felt a sudden wave of energy coming over her. she sat up and felt the lump start to squirm it too could feel it. she hoped that didn't hint that they too would be a werewolf. she tied up the rope onto the leg of the bed in a way she could do since she was around four a good snare that would trap any animals leg in it if they got caught. she then putted her own leg in it to test it was strong. she released herself and reached for her wand setting a couple of charms on the windows and doors to make it so that no animal could pass through. he went to the intercom. "About fifteen minutes left until i transform" she said before she began pacing the room. this brought back memories of her transformations in the howling cavern. the restless time and then the nights some hell on earth, some somewhat peaceful.

Sunako just nodded her head. "If Ms. Le Fey does show up I will make sure that the baby is handed over to her right away. As for your friend I will look out for him as well." Sunako did one last check around the room and closed the blinds nice and tight. The next few hours would be very busy for Sunako as she needed to get some last minute things done just to make sure that if Briar did go into labor that evening Sunako was ready.

"If you need anything you know you can reach me by intercom. I will be in my office." As Briar laid down to rest Sunako exited the room and made sure the door was locked behind her. Briar knew that once she was locked in there she was not coming out until the next morning. Heading back to her office she hoped that someone had dropped off lunch for her. She had forgotten to eat and now she had no time to go anywhere to get food. She needed to stay in her office until tomorrow or if Briar needed her for something.

The day had gone slowly for Sunako she had nothing but paperwork and no one to care for other than Briar. She had checked on the girl a few times but she hadn't need anything. She seemed pretty restless that evening. That was to be expected. It was full moon and that had to be pretty stressful. She heard the intercom go off and she sighed. "Alright do you need me to come help strap you in or would you prefer not to?" Sunako said as she left her office and headed to the room. She would station herself outside until she knew Briar was transformed than she would check on her and see what was going on.

Briar ket pacing she was glad someone had thought to put a clock on the wall. at home she never had a clock she just judged the time by the sky. it was back in the school when she had spent nights just watching the hands of the clock move. she heard the healers voice on the intercom and pressed the button to reply. "no i am all good, just letting you know" she said. a few more minutes and she would ask for the blinds to be shut. she did one final check of everything put the remainder of the charms on the door and windows as well as making sure everything was secure. she didn't expect to go wild but she wanted to be a sure as possible. "Okay. Please may you close the blinds for the next five or ten minutes. I am sure you will be able to hear when it is safe to open them again" she said. although she had butt a soundproofing on all of the walls so as not to disturb the other patients the healers window she had left free so that Suniko would be able to hear when she had transformed. obviously if the sound got too much she could do the charm on herself.
once she was sure everything was ready she started to strip off. Transformations were really uncomfortable if one was wearing clothing. the timing of this was pretty key. too early and one would feel like an idiot, too late and one wouldn't get everything off in time. off came briars clothing until she was standing there in absolutely nothing she then secured the clothes as well as her wand in the locker on the wall. next she took the muzzle that was on the table and secured it to her face, like she said she was taking no chances this afternoon. by now she felt the tingling in her fingers that signified the start of the transformation. perfect timing she thought to herself. securing her ankles in the snares. she didn't even have time to think of how ridiculous she must look as the electric bolt spread from the base of her neck to her ankle then spread across the body. the pain spread and she felt her body transform. a spike all across her skin meant that fur was erupting. and she felt her head change shape thankfully the mask sort of worked as it still fitted tight though it was slightly too tight. she looked at her hands as they morphed into paws. and she felt the most painful part, her bones stretching and shrinking and twisting into those of a large wolf. unable to support herself on two feet she fell onto all four paws. after a few minutes what felt a lot longer she was done. no longer a girl. instead a cull bodied wolf with red brown fur. she let out a howl so that the healer knew it was safe to look. the pain of transformed had stopped. she took a few steps feeling the rope tighten around her ankle. now to play the waiting game she thought. before a strong spasm of pain crossed her stomach. making her let out a whelp of surprise. this hadn't happened to her before which meant one thing. The seer was right. she was going into labor. thank god. after tonight she would never have to think about the kid again.

Sunako had been waiting for this moment all day. If everything went okay she could let herself nap in the room next to Briars and in the morning she would let Briar out and they would go home and relax. She made sure the blinds where closed and locked herself in the room next to Briars. If she was needed it would be faster for her to enter through the window than to try and disenchant a door. If anyone needed her they knew where she was. The same place she had been over the past few months during the night of the full moon.

It didn't take long it seemed for Briar to start and finish her transformation. Hearing the howl Sunako waved her wand and the blinds opened. Sunako had seen Briar's wolf form many times yet she had to admit she was still pretty. Sunako knew she really couldn't do anything for Briar right now other than let her be so she sat back on the couch and relaxed. She heard a soft yelp and she looked over. Something was different. Brair normally would eat and than lay down to sleep. Today it seemed she was still in pain. Walking over to the window Sunako pulled out her wand and unlocked the door to the room she was in. She was already getting ready to start undoing the charms on Brairs room should the need arise.

Elvera was exited for today. As rightnow her future son or daughter would be born. It was amazing when she thought about it. A year and a half ago she had been told that she couldn't ever have kids and then a month ago briar rowan had turned up asking if someone would adopt her unborn child. She was trying hard not to get too exited as she knew that there were a thousand possable complications that could happen between then and now and Morgan kept repeating phrases don't count you chickens before they hatch. She had spent the day with lilith Praneil and Aine as the previous day had been her little nieces first birthday and today they had gone to the zoo to celebrate as well as her mum and mr and mrs Patil.
Soon they had had the cake and padme was getting tired so she was able to make her excuses when the toddler went to bed. She apparatus straight to the hospital and asked at enquiries where they were. Briar had already said that she could be there to look after the baby. Soon she was following the directions to the room. She saw the room number and had to shake her head at the dark humor it displayed. room 101, isn't that where you are meant to face your worst fears she thought to herself as she went inside.
Inside was a small viewing cubical with a desk and a large window looking into the main room where the action would be taking place. " good evening sunako. she said. She had met the healer a couple of times at various Koshiba functions she had attended but she had never really spoken to her much, to be honest the girl used to scare her, and even now she wasn't 100%comfortable around her. how is everything going in there? she asked looking in the room.
What she saw surprised her a little though she didn't know why. She was one of the first to learn that briar was a werewolf, but there was a slight difference between knowing that someone was a werewolf and seeing them fully transformed. She could hear the yelp like barks and howels coming from the room she felt sorry for the poor girl. Adding the pain of shield birth to the pain of a transformation which che had read to be painful enough. But there wasn't much che could do instead she took a seat and handed the healer a coffee. She had per chased from the canteen on the way up. She was sure that although it was going to be a long night for briar it was also going to be a long night for Suniko. Lilith had also insisted that she take a few slices of the birthday cake with her and thease were in a box in her handbag but right now she was too stuffed with party food to even think about that.

In the room briar was in pain. she thought that over the years she had become immune to pain. felt enough of it that it didn't effect her any more. mostly this was true but not this this was a different pain. she felt another contraction through her stomach and growled. man she wished that someone was here to help her. why hadn't she seen if he could have come. then came another wave. she let out another barking gasp. that was it she didn't want him to hurt the baby. things went on like this for what felt like a long time. wave after wave, each one getting stronger. she felt another wave and turned round a dog chasing it's own tail. she stopped as it got worse too hard to carry on. she lay down panting. suddenly she was felt like she was lying in a damp sticky patch of floor. she managed to drag herself a few feet out of it, lay down and tried to twist around. she looked and saw that her water had broken. it wasn't long now. and she knew what she had to.
she stopped and lay on the floor, a moan like whine coming softly from her throat. when the pains returned she knew what she had to do. each one she pushed and each push she also let out a bark. if before she felt like she was being beaten up from the inside now she felt like she was being ripped apart from the inside. "stop" she screamed to herself whilst a strong her voice was screaming back "Keep going. the harder you go the quicker it will be ever and the sooner you can forget this whole thing" that was the voice she listened to. as the waves came closer and closer together. more and more powerful and louder and louder growls and barks. somewhere in the back of her brain she had an odd thought. remembering the soundproofing charms she had put up earlier she wondered what the people in the adjoining rooms would be thinking if they could hear her through the walls. she had a feeling it would be soon. the waves were almost constant now and she could almost feel the baby coming out.
it was about a minute later of heavy pushing that she felt the baby finally arrive with a final push and howl. she she lay there panting for a minute before she realised that she hadn't heard anything. not a move from the baby or a healer entering the room. she got up and staggered around until she could see the little girl. she knew something wasn't right. the looked blue in the face. it took briar a moment to realise why. she couldn't breath. she looked over at the healers window but couldn't see anything behind the glass. she didn't know what to do. there seemed to be some gunk covering the kid blocking her from breathing. she had to get rid of it. she was not going to let the damn kid die. she brushed it with her paw but that didn't help at all. struggling slightly she managed to get the muzzle off it didn't take too long she guessed normal dogs weren't smart enough to know how to do it. once she had it loose she managed to knock it away to somewhere on the other side of the room. she looked at the baby once. before she started licking it clean. starting with the face. she was so relieved when she hard a cry from it she almost cried (of that was possible for her to do in this form) instead she let out a reassuring growl.

Jeremy looked up at the clock for about the tenth time that hour. He was busy in the emergency room, doing triage. Already, he’d helped a man who had splinched himself in two places, sent a child to be examined because he suspected that he had swallowed a toy wand, and reassured a mother that her daughter did not have dragon pox. As the minute hand moved, Jeremy hopped up from his chair. “Going on lunch!” he yelled over his shoulder as he quickly made his way to the stairs. Taking them two at a time, he rushed around co-workers and patients until he reached the corridor where room 101 was located. Jeremy was eager to find out if his friend had made it in time and if she was ok. When she had told him that she might be giving birth on this day, Jeremy had regarded the information with a healthy skepticism. He had always felt that way about divination in general which was why he hadn’t taken that class. But, Briar believed the information, and Jeremy had promised to come check in on her. He knew that Briar had left an open invitation for all of the healers to come see her, as he had seen a memo going around the school about it, but he hoped that he wouldn’t see many of his colleagues. Briar wasn’t a sideshow act.

When he arrived and saw Elvera, a former housemate, Jeremy realized who the Seer was who had given Briar the information. He didn’t remember his friend having mentioned the Seer by name, though he was sure that she could have. “Hey Elvera” Jeremy stated with a friendly smile which quickly turned to a more anxious one as he stared at the closed door. Whether that apprehension was at seeing his friend in her werewolf form, something he’d never seen and still wasn’t sure he wanted to, or at her possible labor and delivery was unclear to the former Ravenclaw. “Any news?” he asked nervously to the room at large. He saw a Healer there and remembered seeing that she had been assigned to this room for the evening. She was obviously the Healer in charge here.

OOCOut of Character:
god mod approved by Eden. (eden if you want me to change anything let me know)
Any healers feel free to pop in to see a werewolf and then leave.

Elvera watched Briar as she paced and strained and growled. she wasn't watching that closely really as it made her feel a little uncomfortable, but she had given briar her word that she was going to be there to look after the baby and her word she would keep. after a few hours she saw the door open and in came Jeremy. she knew him vaguely from school and they had been in the same house but they were never really friends. "Hello Jeremy. How are you?" she said glad for some conversation she was getting pretty nervous now herself. and Sunako, although a fantastic healer was not known for being he most talkative of people. "I don't know for sure but i think you are just in time." she said. briar was now no longer pacing she had been sitting on the floor for about fifteen minutes. "If you want to talk. do so outside it is distracting" came the voice from the desk "right" said elvera but she didn't move. she couldn't miss this, if she did there may be far longer implications as she was the only one who know what was going to happen.
It was about five minutes when the child was eventually born. by now elvera was watching intently she needed to see what the werewolf was doing to make sure she hadn't seen things wrong. "It's a Girl" said the healer. starting to stand up. elvera smiled but didn't look away. what was Briar doing? was she eating it? Sunako was almost at the door when she realised. "don't go in there. she said. this outburst made the healer stop and glare at her. "She isn't going to hurt her. I know i have seen it. And look she is licking her. listen she is crying now" she said. Sunako went back to the window and watched letting out a slight hum. "I am the healer here. you are just a guest. I am the one making the calls. if you are right. i still have to check on the baby" she said. before picking up her healer-ey things going towards the door. Elvera watched as sunako checked up on the baby and saw something sitting on the desk that she thought the werewolf may want, rather nervously she picked it up and headed into the room quickly putting the bottle of milk on the table nearest the door and darted back hopeing that sunako hadn't seen her.

It wast long until the baby was clean. The cord needed to be cut but there was no way in hell she was going to bite it and there were no scissors, knives or anything sharp in the room so that would have to stay. Not sure what she should do now briar looked up at the clock it was already two in the morning. There was around five hours left until sunrise. However, she was more than half way through. The baby was still crying. what else could she do for it? She reached up to the bed and managed to pull the blanket off. Laying it on the floor she managed to nudge the baby onto it. maybe ethat would be a little more comfortable and less cold. Still the child kept crying.
She looked at it. it was sort of cute. surly if it wasn’t fury tonight she was petty sure that she and Dee wouldn’t have passed the werewolf problem on. Maybe it was cold. She curled up around it sure her body warmth would keep it comfortable and shut it up. The baby almost went quiet for a while. Thank doodness. It wasnt quite perfectly quiet but it went from a loud shriek to a mellow sobbing.
Briar looked up as the door to the room opened. In came sunako. She started to head over and briar started to growl. Despite what she had said earlier she was not latting the healer take the baby from her now. She had just about got it quiet. It seemed the healer realised what was going on as she stopped, looked back in the room as iff sussing out an escape plan then spoke. ”briar. You know I need to give the baby a check up. So you had better let me cet to her” said the healer In her no noncence way. Pointing her wand at briar and she knew if she made a wrong move she would be hexed or cursed in some way. She lowered her head in submission and stopped growling. She watched intently as Suniko checked up on the baby. A healthy girl you have there Briar, just one thing left” she was told. As the healer took a pair of scissors and quickly cit the cord before taking it out of the room. Briar was glad about this, as a werewolf, she had a tendency for eating meat and she thought it would be odd to eat that.
Briar felt her eyes close. She was tired. It was hard giving birth. she just wanted a little sleep. Just as she was nodding off she heard the shrieking start again. What would it want now? She looked around for inspiration. Was there anything she could do? She saw the people in the viewing room drinking something, Maybe that was it, the kid was thirsty. Was there anything here she could drink? She looked around and saw on the top of the table was a bottle of milk. Unsure if it had been there before she picked it up with her mouth and offered it to the baby. It stopped crying and started to drink. Slowly drinking down the milk whilst briar watched. Her eyes were blue and reminded her of Dee, but the small amount of tuffty hair on the to of her head looked slightly red. Soon the girl was finished sleeping and started to sleep. Briar watched her unintentionally thinking about names as she did. a tree name of course. Rowan was out of the question as well as the name of any of her family. Elder, Apple, Willow, Pine, Ash, Karri, Marri, oak, they were options. there were a few trees left some names nicer then the others.

Elvera watched Suniko check out the baby. she had always found that healer slightly intimidating but she must admit that in order be that close to a werewolf she had some guts or was stupid. She watched as the baby was examined "Wow, that she has guts" she said partially to jeremy partially to herself. Soon SunIko was back placing the placenta into a sealed biohazard box. She watched as the healer resealed the door and then it was just for them to keep an eye out to ensure that there was nothing dangerous happening. "I'll be back in a minute" she said getting up and slipping out of the room. she needed the bathroom.
Just as she was washing her hands she saw the reflection in the mirror above the sink change distort and stretch. elvera stopped ready to watch what was about to unfold for her eyes and her eyes alone. She could see briar as she was normally holding something in a sling around her. she could then see her with a child of about three with dark ginger hair and bright blue eyes. and a flash of other things from eating dinner at the table to camping. Each thing coming faster and faster intil it made elvera feel lick and dist
then she was back in the bathroom clutching the sink for support trying to process all she haspd just seen. she knew she had half known this was going to happen deep down but she had inadvertantly tried to suppress it. the thing about her visions was that she hardly ever saw anyone she was close to, she hadn't seen the baby since she had agreed to adopt it and now all of a sudden she could see her again and that was almost definitive evidence that the child wasn't hers any more, not that it ever had been. she looked into the mirror and saw her mismatched eyes water and soon tears were forming and running down her face. she splashed some water on her face and dried it though she knew it would still show when she went back to the room and she knew she had to go back.
when she returned she saw that the bottle she had slipped into the room had come to use and it was sweet how Briar was feeding the baby. however it brought a whole new wave of tears. "If you are going to start crying can you sit in the waiting room" cane a voice from the desk. she nodded even though she knew the healer wouldn't be able to see her before leaving the room to sit in the waiting room. she would go home but she promised Briar she would be there, and even if the situation had changed. she lay down across the sofa, at this time in the morning the room was quiet and the odd person passing though just glanced at her there silently crying and pretending to sleep before they kept walking.

Briar felt herself start to nod off but she tried to keep herself awake whilst a wolf. she didn't want to do anything whilst she was asleep to hurt anyone. When she felt herself get too close for comfort she got up. walked a lap of the room and had a few mouthfuls of the water before curling back up with her daughter just as she started to stir. at one stage she looked into the room ans saw that there was one less person. Elvera had gone. right now she didn't care where she was, she had probably gone to get a drink or food or something. she reasoned. suddenly becoming a little hungry. she looked at the steak that was waiting for her but wasn't in the mood to eat so she went to get some more water before lying down for the last time. The clock on the wall read half past four. she looked out of the window and the sky was still patch black. Still a while to go she thought. resting her head on her front legs. she must have actually fallen asleep as five minutes later she was woken up five minutes later by the sound of The baby crying she tried to comfort her but she kept on going. she gave her the bottle and she drank on that for a bit seemingly happy before she started crying again. this time Briar knew why.
the Square of blackness in the wall that was the window was starting to lighten. She could feel a little tingle in her body which meant that soon she would be back to her normal self. she gave the baby one last 'hug' and lick before getting up and standing on the other side of the room. it hurt her to hear her baby crying and not be there to help her but she couldnt risk being that close to her now. she was a bout to change back. the thunderbolt came again linking her foot and her spine before radiating through her body. she felt the hair start to contract.and her bones start to shift around again. somehow this wasn't as painful as it had been earlier that evening, or maybe she just was able to bar it out a bit.
It wasn't long before she was standing in the edge of the room stark naked with her crying Daughter in the middle of the room. right now she didn't care if sun or anyone else could see her she went over to her little girl and picked her up holding her tight, the girl calming down when she did. the blanket the girl had been lying on basically covering her anyway. "Shh, Willow you are safe now, mummy's here." she said deciding on the name. she leant forward and kissed her on the forehead. how could have not wanted such a precious thing. she looked up when she heard the Door open and saw Sunako enter the room "Congratulations Briar" she said which was the friendliest she had heard the healer be in a while. "Do you have a name for her?"[/b] Briar nodded. "Yes I do, she is called Willow, Willow Luna Cullen" she said happy with the name. Willow was a pretty tree name both a pretty tree and a pretty name, Luna meant the moon, a big part of the girls birth and Cullen was Dedericks last name, a name that she too was going to adopt after today to complete the family. "Good. now you should get some clothes on before you freeze and then go an find ms le fey. She left half way through the night and didn't come back. I will give Willow a proper check up and then make sure she is comfortable" said the healer. Briar nodded and went to retrieve her wand and clothes, the leggings now felt stretched around the tummy but she was tired and dint care.
She headed outside into the corridor it was still early in the morning and not many people aware around. She came to a waiting room and saw in one corner a dark haired figure curled up on a sofa she walked cautiously over to it "elvera?' she said drawing near. she knelt down before the girl so they were on a similar level. "Elvera. I am so sorry. I don't think that I am going to be able to give willow up" she said before realising that the lady seemed asleep. not sure what to do she brushed a sheet of hair of her face and saw that it was streaked with tears. and her eyes were starting to open. "Elvera I am so sorry" she said. "thank you for helping and offering to adopt Willow but i am afraid I don think i will be able to give her up, not after tonight" she said rare tears starting to fill her eyes.aided by the stress of the night and the exhaustion she was feeling. "I am so sorry" she said before getting up she would have to think of something to thank her but right now she wanted to be near willow. she got up and started to make her way over to the room again. when she heard elvera talk. "I always knew you would keep her deep down, but I still got my hopes up. It is not your fault she will be better with her own mum then she wuld ever have been with me. Congratulations" said the lady still lying on the chair seeming almost asleep. Briar knew that admitting this was painful for the lady and she was very grateful for her, she now saw in her What her brother saw, a wise lady who tried to help others, and not sht slightly freaky lady she had taken her as until a couple of months ago. "Thank you" said briar before moving back to her daughters side. ready to make sure she was comfortable and happy before sending a note to Dee both about Willow and her decision to change her own name to fit in with the rest of the families. before getting some much needed sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back