Second Years, Lesson Two

'' Goodmorning everyone.'' Noel than greeted his students with an friendly smile. ''You may recall that I told you to bring your wands with you to class this week,'' Noel started once everyone was seated. '' We will be practicing our first jinx this week. Before we start, I want to remind everyone that there will be no fooling around while your wands are drawn. Ignore that rule and you will find yourself dusting off old books in the library for the entire semester. Good, now that that's out of the way, we can begin! I need a volunteer for a demonstration.'' He smiled as a few hands went up in the air. ''I'll be casting a jinx on you.'' As he thought, some lowered their hands while others seemed more excited. '' You are in good hands. I'll reverse it afterwards, so there is nothing to worry about.'' He picked one of the students who still had their hands raised and called them forward. ''If you could stand facing the class, please, thank you.'' He rolled up his sleeves and continued. ''The Jelly-Legs Jinx does what you would expect it to do. It causes your target's legs to wobble like jelly.'' With a reassuring smile aimed at the student volunteer, Noel raised his wand, waved it and said the incantation. ''Locomotor Wibbly!'' He watched as the volunteer found themselves fighting to keep their balance. Once the class had a moment to take in the effects of the jinx, Noel lifted his wand again to cast the counter-charm. ''Thank you. Five extra points for your house,'' he said, sending the student back to their seat. ''There will be similar opportunities during the semester, so now would be the time to tell me whether you would be comfortable with volunteering or not. Come see me after class if you want to talk about it.''

Prank-jinxes like the Jelly-Legs Jinx and others were almost inevitable at a magic school. Some in this class would likely practice them on others outside of this classroom, so he thought it best to have them practice these kinds of spells in a safe environment instead. Though it would be fun to have a student dust off an entire section of the library. They would without a doubt learn their lesson after two dozen or so books. ''For the rest of the time, I want you to pair up with someone else and practice the Jelly-Legs Jinx. Again, the incantation is Locomotor Wibbly.'' Noel then shared the counter-charm with them so that they could reverse the jinx themselves. ''You may also practice Stupefy and Protego once you've done the Jelly-Legs Jinx a couple of times. Good luck.'' He than walked around the classroom to make sure everything was going safe.

Roleplay the lesson. If you choose to roleplay with each other be sure to include tags! You can also tag @Professor Noel Waldgrave if you like some interaction. I try my best to respond.

Extra credit to the first student who volunteers for the demonstration!

Apolline was looking forward to the next dance. She hoped a little that she would see the same boy as she’d seen at the yuleball, it would be nice to have someone to dance with spend the time with. She knew perhaps she needed to reach out to him, speak to him rather than just expecting that she might run into him, but she knew she likely wasn’t. She’d claim that she was just busy that her schooling and that kept her from it, but partly she was just worried about being rejected. The gryffindor grabbed the last bits and pieces that she needed and then headed out of the dorm and to class.

Apolline walked into the defence against the dark arts classroom, and took her usual spot in the room. She was very excited when the professor told them they would be spending the time doing a spell. She was always most eager to do that. Apolline liked being able to do spells. She watched as someone volunteers, being quicker than Apolline was to do so. She watched as they had a spell cast on them and she couldn’t help but think it cool. Apolline took a few notes from what was being said and then was able to pair up with someone and do the spell with them. She went back and forth, focusing on that spell until she felt truly confident with it. Then she practiced the other spells in the moments of the lesson left. When the lesson was drawn to a close Apolline packed up her things and headed out of the room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back