Shocking News

Alexis Richarde

Upon returning to Hogwarts New Zealand from the Mall with Izaak, she went straight to the Owlrey to write to her father like she promised and she had a letter to write to her best friend, Cecelia anyway. So she pulled out parchment and a self-inked quill and began writing to her father.
Dear Dad,
I wasn't completely truthful with you. I don't live on my own or with other girls in Australia. I live with my boyfriend, Izaak Finch. You remember meeting him, right? Well I live with him when I'm not at Hogwarts.

Sorry for lying to you.
Alexis.
Cece,

Yes, I do love Zaire. But you know I'm with Izaak I can't do anything about it, even if he knows. Please don't tell the girls, you know how they get about this sort of stuff. Izaak doesn't even know about my feelings, he can't know anyway. Izaak would be livid with me, I'm sure, or hurt and I don't want to be the person to do that to him. I left my old school to keep away from Zaire and to keep my feelings for him bottled up inside (healthy right?). I hope that maybe they will go away but I'm not sure if they will.

Love you hunny,
Essie.
When Alexis finished writing her two letters she sent two different owls, one to California and the other to Oxfordshire and then headed back to her dorm room, to get a good nights sleep as she was extremely exhausted.

Cecelia sat in her flat watching a movie with her boyfriend when she heard a slight shuffle of papers under her door and she gave her lover a peculiar look but kissed him on the cheek quickly before hopping up towards her door and picking up the envelope that had been slid under her door. She grinned brightly, noticing it was a letter from her best friend and she said, "Will, it's from Essie!" She walked over to the couch again and read the letter, sighing with pity for that unintelligent boy, Izaak she had met in September.

When she was done reading it, she flipped on the backside of the letter and wrote one back to Alexis.
Lexi,
You can't hide your feelings from Izaak or Zaire. It's wrong. You are in love with Zaire and you know it's only time until they both get fed up with you and because you love both of them I know it would be hard for you. Make a decision, Alexis, don't hurt those boys or yourself. I know this is hard for you to hurt anyone but I don't want you getting hurt either. I love you chickie, even though you can be an idiot some times.

Cecelia.
PS. You have to visit soon, even Will thinks so.
As Cecelia finished the letter, she scrambled to find an envelope and put the folded letter (with Alexis' writing on the backside of it) and walked out of the house, planning on going to the end of the street to the mail box when a brown owl scooped the letter from her hand and flew off. Cecelia arched her eyebrows but thought little of it after a second then went back into her house, not realizing that she hadn't used the return address written on the original envelope and used the one Alexis gave her to her new home.

rambling much? ahha, bear with me :)

The LCD screen of the television flashed hues of blue across the shadowed living room as Izaak flicked through the stations at a mindless rate. It was pushing midnight and his energy had been exhausted by the trip he had taken to the mall with Alexis. Originally he had tried his hand at falling asleep in the bedroom but after tossing and turning on the queen-sized mattress for all of half an hour, he had retreated to the cosy space of the couch. Without his girlfriend, the house was boringly empty and such an expansive sleeping area for the likes of one body only seemed to emphasise the lonely aspect.

With his feet draped over the arm of the two seater lounge and the TV now at rest on a re-run of South Park, Izaak finally felt his eyelids begin to fall closed and he would’ve slipped into a state of slumber were it not for an irritant tap on the window pane. Stirring and groaning, Izaak rose slowly from the sunken comfort of the couch and groggily stumbled across the living room to see and owl staringly intelligently at him through the glass. “Whaaat…?” He yawned in confusion and fumbled with the latch until he was able to lift the frame open and retrieve the letter from the bird’s beak. With the envelope now pressed into his palm, Izaak ran his fingers across the its face, managing to make out the scripting of his and Alexis’ street address in the poor light the television screen filtered through the room.

Intrigued by the late arrival of the letter and the unfamiliar handwriting that addressed it, Izaak stumbled further into the house. After overcoming the obstacles several still unpacked boxes posed, he reached the kitchen cook-top and raised an arm to flick the stove light on. Ignoring the blinding pain the light caused as it flooded through his pupils, Izaak tore open the envelope with no regard for fragility in his current irritable mood. A folded sheet of parchment tumbled onto the counter and in noticing that one side was scripted with his girlfriend’s handwriting, he curiously began to what she had written.

At the very first sentence, Izaak felt his heart leap into his throat and was sure that he felt it bruise as he swallowed it back down again. “Yes, I do love Zaire.” His eyes began burning furiously as he raced them frantically across the words, over and over again in hopes that he had read incorrectly. But it was there printed in black ink, plain for his heart to see. Though perhaps he was overreacting, perhaps the aforementioned love was simply platonic. But like a horror movie, Izaak could not tear his eyes away from the letter and like a horror movie, it only became worse. His throat was parched and itchy, his head was spinning dizzily and his heart was thudding on overdrive inside of his chest. But Izaak paid no mind to any of it, instead he snatched a pen from the counter and didn’t hesitate in pouring his hurt and infuriated feelings out through his hasty print, onto a spare piece of paper he had quickly found.
Alexis,

When exactly were you planning on telling me that you’re in love with Zaire? Or did you just assume that if you bottled everything up, I’d never find out?

I have to say, I know you two were close but I really didn’t expect you to f*ck me around like this, not after how we got together, not after everything. Why didn’t you just tell me? Why did you ask me to move in with you if I’m only a second preference?

I need the truth Alexis, I don’t know what the f*ck to believe anymore.

Love Izaak

The nineteen year old’s hands trembled violently as he folded the paper messily into thirds and pushed it into the birds beak, whispering a word of direction through the open window. But that was about all the sanity Izaak could manage to keep in the present moment because only a few hours ago he had been on top of the world and now he was crushed painfully beneath it.

Alexis woke up the morning after sending a letter to Cecelia with a pang of almost guilt in her stomach. But she had done nothing to make her feel this way so she shook it off and looked around her dorm room, she wished so much for it to be the bedroom she shared with Izaak at that moment and to wake up in his arms rather than alone and grouchy. She sighed as she pulled off her warm, comfortable blanket off of her legs, showing the thin, tanned and goose bump ridden thighs of Alexis that led up to a pair of blue, plaid boxer shorts.

She stood up and slipped on her white slippers as she yawned. Alexis shuffled out of the room and walked out of the Gryffindor tower, not at all minding that she was still in her sleeping outfit, it wasn't like she was going far or going to stay like that all day, even though all she wanted to do was veg today.

Making her way through the enchanted staircases, Alexis found herself in the Owlrey, hoping to get an owl from Cecelia but not from her father, if she could avoid it. She knew he wouldn't be happy but she shrugged it off, and thought about writing Izaak, but when she checked her mail she was surprised to see the shaky, nervous writing of her lover addressing a letter to herself. She smiled, and opened it but the second she opened it her mouth fell open and all the siliva in her mouth had disappeared. Tears were welcomed in her eyes and her stomach tangled anxiously. This is a bad dream, he doesn't know, he doesn't know, her thoughts repeated and her dry lips droned on with her thoughts as she read on.

No, it wasn't a nightmare. Izaak Finch knew about her disasterous feelings for Zaire Adams. She wiped her tears with her arm but was quite unsuccesful at stopping them all together. She tried again but more came out so she heaved her arm down, feeling like a waste of air for doing such a thing to her lover as having feelings for another. It took a long time for her to control her emotions but still could not stop the tears, almost knowing that Izaak was going to break up with her, so she wrote her lover back, hoping to save her dignity and pride while she cried endlessly over her failed relationship (or what she took as one) with her boyfriend.

Dear Izaak,

I didn't assume that if I bottled everything up you'd never find out. I assumed that if I bottled everything up my feelings for Zaire would go away. You have to believe that I don't want to love him but I do, I wish I hated him, that I was angry at him for leaving rather than loving him more for coming back. But I can't and I'm not f*cking around with your feelings, I've done nothing with him when since he left which was around the time Kasey did.

Zaire, although he and I will never be together for the sake of each other, is (as naive as this may sound) the love of my life but that does not mean I don't love you. I didn't tell you because I was afraid that you would be mad at me and break it off, clearly I was correct. I asked you to move in with me because I do love you and because I wanted to move in with you. Please know you are not second preference, it is very different things that I feel for each of you.

I can't ask for you to forgive me but I hope you understand where I come from, my love. I know that you will in time.

Yours,
Alexis Richarde.
Alexis didn't spend much longer in the Owlrey, she just sent the owl back to Australia and headed back to her dorm room to lay down on her bed, curl up and cry once more, she didn't want to hear what he would say next, because it wouldn't be good, or she didn't foresee any acceptance of her implied apology.

The moon had long ago fallen in the sky, and the sun had spilled spectacularly over the horizon hours before, and Izaak was still awake. After sending the owl away to Alexis he hadn't been able to sleep and each time he tried both her words and his own haunted his mind. It hadn't been healthy to attach himself so devotedly to her, Izaak had known that even when he had done so. Yet still he couldn't help himself, he was so helplessly in love. And it hurt to know that when he thought they had been on the same level in their relationship, on the very first night they had spent together, Alexis had been harbouring feelings for someone who, without much reason, hated Izaak's guts.

The nineteen year old lay in a frozen stature on the couch, his tired, sunken eyes fixed in a zombie-like stare on a faint crack in the paint on the ceiling. Unmoving, unemotive, unresponsive while his insides were curling with anger, shame, and hurt. The radio could be faintly heard through the buzzing of his mind, casting heavy dance beats across his thoughts, letting Izaak forget for just one moment. But it was a moment too shortly lived as the song faded and changed, and Bono's voice crooned over the speakers. “With or without you,” The band cried over and over again, and for the first time in hours Izaak moved. But it was only to hurl his mobile phone angrily at the radio set, not caring whether or not it was permanently damaged as a result.

And then, a letter arrived. One he had been both dreading and awaiting ever since he had sent his own to Hogwarts New Zealand. And with a churning stomach, Izaak ripped it open, hastily casting his eyes across his girlfriend's handwriting in hope that it might have all been a misunderstanding. But it was nothing but an explanation. And although her words mildly levelled his mind, it did not ease his anger or the hurt. In fact it only intensified as Alexis confessed that Zaire was the love of her life. But he had asked for the truth, and the truth was what he got no matter how much it pained him to know.
I can't even begin to tell you how betrayed I feel Alexis. And even if you say you won't ever be together, can I seriously take your word for it?

I really don't know what to do if you're more in love him then you are with me, if you guys are so right together and we're just us. I don't know, I can't think straight cause it hurts like hell. I'm in love with you, and nothing I can say or do will stop that, but its just not the same if we're not on the same level. I need time.

Then as quickly as the owl had come, it had gone again and Izaak was left to his dazed thoughts once more, praying above his anger and hurt emotions that this relationship would work itself out. Because Alexis Richarde was one of the best things that had ever happened to him.

Alexis continued to cry in her dorm room, she hugged her pillow to her chest as she became more and more depressed. She did not want him to find out like this, no he didn't want him to find out at all and some how Izaak had. She had a class that morning but she decided that she didn't want to go or need to go. She was feeling far too sorry for herself to attempt to dress in her uniform and go to a pointless class.

Not long after she collapsed on her single bed, Alexis' tears had dried up and she was just feeling sorry for herself. Why did I have to fall in love with Izaak? she thought frustratedly, Or with Zaire? She didn't want to feel anything for anyone she wished that life was the way it was before she met Zaire and had been with Caden, it would have been easier. She had loved him but not enough to be so heart broken like she was at the moment.

Then a letter arrived for her and Alexis saw that it was Izaak's writing so she just flung it on her nightstand and didn't return anything to him or even read it.

ugh sorry.

It had been several days since Izaak Finch had seen the sunlight. He had gone straight from the Leaky Cauldron to what had once been his and his sister’s home, which belonged solely to her now, as he couldn’t bear to go back to the place that he and Alexis shared. Her memories caused far too much pain, triggered too many memories when he knew he had truly turned things upside down, that she would not on her life even consider forgiving him.

The first day had been spent doubled over the toilet bowl, throwing up all the remnants of alcohol in his system and the guilt that sat heavily in the pit of his stomach. And then, after swallowing down several aspirins, he had collapsed exhausted onto the mattress that he had once called his own. The days after that were a blur, mingled with denial and self-hatred. The last thing he could clearly remember was Issy leading him up to her room for a good old chat about his girlfriend. There were blinding flashes of memories that vaguely came to mind in the silence of the room if he focused hard enough. The touch of her lips tracing down his neck. The feel of her hands on his chest. The hungry, undeniable desire returning to his memory for a fleeting second before dispersing once more.

Occasionally Leah would come and sit herself atop his legs, brush the hair from his forehead and make casual conversation about the surf that day, doing all in her will and power to keep her little brother sane. But Izaak would simply nod and hum, and she had learnt that he’d open up in his own time. Not even the bright presence of his nephew could press a smile to his lips. Izaak Finch had well and truly hit rock bottom.

But today after pondering for the longest time over the girl who was the epicentre of all these hard-hitting emotions, Izaak decided that he had to tell her what he did, she had every right to know. Even if she would break up with him as a result, even if she would hate him forever more, she needed to know. So with a deep shaky breath to brace himself, the nineteen year old took paper and a pen from his desk and began to write.
Dear Alexis,

I need to tell you something, I need to get this off my chest. And I know you’re going to want to scrunch this up as soon as you realise what’s happened. But please, hear me out.

After I found out about your feelings for Zaire I was so insanely angry with you. I didn’t know what to do, I didn’t know who to turn to. I couldn’t talk to Bella and I didn’t feel like hearing Leah say that it was your decision and that I had to respect it. So I went to the Leaky Cauldron and I had a lot to drink, too much in fact, which I regret. My friend Issy works there and I guess at the time I’d just needed a shoulder to lean on. The last thing I remember was going up to her room because I think we both knew that with another few drinks I’d be out cold. I swear to god that talking was all we had intended. But then I woke up in her bed the next morning and I had truly in that waking moment thought that she was you, that it was all ok, that everything had just been this crazy nightmare. But as it turns out it had only gotten worse, I can’t remember anything Alexis but I can sure as hell say that we slept together.

I was stupid, I was drunk, I was a jerk. I didn’t mean for any of this to happen, I can’t tell you how much I regret it. I know you hate cheaters, and I know you know that I do too. I hate myself for doing this to you Alexis, I can’t tell you how many times I’ve wished that I could just turn back time over these past few days. I don’t expect you to forgive me, you have every right not to. I just wanted to let you know that I love you; I love you more than I’ve ever loved any girl in my entire life. And I’m so much more than sorry Alexis, I really am.

Love always
Izaak

Assuming this was the end, Izaak felt a hot tear roll down his cheek and land onto the paper. The moisture blotched the ink around his name and he wiped his cheek angrily, half-tempted to scrunch the letter in his fist and throw it into the bin. But instead he attached it to the leg of the owl he had been using to keep in contact with the wizarding world and sent it on its way to Hogwarts New Zealand.

For the past few days, Alexis had been anticipating Izaak's letter. She wanted to know if he was going to be man enough to admit that he was a filthy cheater. She assumed that he wasn't going to so she was mentally writing a letter to him but every time she had told him that it was over and a second after that she could feel herself struggle for air. She needed Izaak just as much as he needed her and it hurt to think that she might just have to end the relationship because she loved Zaire and he had cheated on her.

When she finally received one, anger returned to her and Alexis skimmed through it and wrote a letter of her own to Izaak, trying to not get her frustrated tears fall onto the fresh ink but some did and they spilled down the page of creamy parchment but she didn't get a fresh piece of parchment, just continued writing the letter.
I knew about your disloyalties prior to this letter. Isabella shared them with me at the Hog's Head tavern. I trusted you with almost everything, now I know I should never have trusted you with something that meant the most: my heart. I can't believe that you would want to seek revenge on me for loving someone just as much as I love you. Do you know how bad I felt about loving Zaire? If that was how things get treated in your world I wouldn't have cared so much.

We promised each other never to cheat on one another. I don't take broken promises lightly, Izaak, especially not that one. Being drunk doesn't matter, I expect you to be loyal to you. I was drunk the other night and I didn't have sleep with anyone, I didn't write Zaire, I didn't write Bella, Leah, Alanna (because you know damn well she would have told Zachary and he would have kicked your cheating ass) and I didn't find Casey at school. I should have needed to or wanted to but I did becaused of what you did.

I don't know what I want to do, Izaak. I think I need time to figure it all out. I will give you a warning though, if you go and sleep with anyone else tonight, you can bet your bottom dollar that I will be moving out faster than you can say Sorry and that what we attempted to have together would be over.

Alexis Richarde.
soorry. Coffee is needed this morning.

Izaak stared dumbfounded at the blotched parchment in his hands; he could almost see the frown hanging heavily over his girlfriend’s usually radiant expression. He could almost hear the furious scratching of her quill as he read the etched words over and over again until he felt like they might burn beneath the intensity of his gaze. By the tone of her words and the pessimistic perspective she had taken Izaak had had it drilled into his head; Alexis would never in her right mind take his unworthy self back.
I’m not making up excuses Alexis. Yes I was drunk, yes she was a Veela but in the end I wronged you, and in the end that’s really all it comes down to. But I was so devastated when I realised that I wasn’t the only one you loved Alexis. I just need you to understand how hurt I was and still am in fact, then maybe you’ll see why I needed a shoulder to lean on that night.

I don’t think I’ve ever felt so guilty in my life, not even after Valentine’s Day with Casey and you of all people know how I was feeling then. So let Zachary kick my cheating ass, I’m sure I can’t possibly feel worse than I do right now. The promise we made was one I had never meant to break and I never thought we’d find ourselves like this Alexis. But I can give you my honest word now- if I’m ever so lucky to have you forgive me, I swear on my life that I won’t ever do it again.

I don’t think I can bear to be without you Alexis, you mean the world to me, even if you’ve got feelings for Zaire. I can’t imagine a place where there’s no us, can you?

Izaak.

blahh.

Anger flowed through Alexis as she wrote and with anger came classless writing but she continued. The scratches of her quill were deeply embedded into the parchment that if she pressed any harder the paper would have ripped under the pressure. These words were to be sent to Izaak and she liked to think that he would feel the pressure she was putting into the paper in his chest, but she knew he wouldn't.
I understand why you would need a shoulder to lean on. But from what I gather there was little of that before you and Isabella had sex. Do you not think that now I need someone's shoulder to lean on? But guess what! I'm not going to f*ck some guy for two reasons: I still love you and that night meant something to me. It meant a lot to me actually but now.. I'm not so sure. If every time I screw up, because knowing me it probably will be a lot, you go and find some girl I don't want to be with you.

Zach kicking your ass isn't the point! The point was that I have no one now. And how can I trust that being honest Izaak? If the first time you promissed your loyalty was nothing but a lie why wouldn't this time be one?

If you take anything from this letter get this into your skull and everyone else you've told: I don't love you any less than Zaire! You are different people, you bring different things out of me, I can trust you with different things. Zaire was there for me when no one else was, or when everyone was judgemental of the drugs and the alcohol. You can't honestly say that you were disgusted with me when you found me in the library unable to pass a Breathalizer test for my life. He was the only one that knew what I needed to get through my depression and he tried to help me before he left.

When Zaire came back, I was mad, but he explained his absence to me. He shared his feelings with me and I did feel something, but I ignored it and didn't really know what it was anyway. I know he hates you but I don't, he is just envious that when he left I didn't wait for him to come back and that I love you. When I told you I was in love with you I didn't lie, I wouldn't have said it if I didn't mean it. The next day, I just found out that I loved Zaire. I was afraid to ruin things with you like I had done with Caden so I left. I decided to transfer to Hogwarts New Zealand and I wanted to become closer to you so I asked if you wished to move in with me. I didn't tell you because I thought you would assume that my love for you was not as strong as my feelings for Zaire were but that isn't true.

I only said I thought Zaire was the love of my life because he has unconditional feelings for me, and I him. He was always there, even when he wasn't. I'm sorry Izaak but I don't think you have. But my feelings for Zaire have nothing to do with my feelings for you. You must understand this.

Alexis.

Alexis, that first night we spent together was the single, most amazing night of my life. It meant so much then, and surprisingly it still does now, even after finding out you had been secretly loving Zaire the whole time. And as I said, the last thing I remember was going upstairs to talk. I don’t know at what point I was idiot enough that I suddenly decided that sleeping with Is was a good idea, I don’t know how much I actually told her before one thing led to another. So enlighten me Alexis, clearly you know much more than I can recall.

So if my promise was a lie, can we safely say that you telling me that I was the only person you needed was one as well? This is the point I’m trying to make Alexis. It wasn’t a lie, just a misjudgement or a promise too big to understand. But I can sure as hell say now that if we stay together I won’t make this mistake again, I’ve seen what I’ve done and I’ll learn from it.

Oh, and just for the record, that day I saw you in the library I can honestly say that I wasn’t disgusted with you. Sure I was scared as hell for you but by no means was I disgusted. Couldn’t you see that Alexis?

And where the hell did you get this idea that my love isn’t unconditional?! Once it started, it hasn’t ever stopped. It was still as strong as ever when I found out about Zaire and I guess that’s why I got so f*cked up that night. It was unbearable and drinking was the only way I could think of to get it to stop. Not a one night stand, not betraying you, just a drink. Though it got out of hand and apologising isn’t nearly enough but I don’t know what else you want me to do.

Izaak.

After yet another letter had been sent to his girlfriend, the nineteen year old stared down at the ever forming pages of letters that were pushed aside on his desk and felt himself grow hot with anger and frustration. He wished it were possible for a face-to-face conversation or that if Alexis was planning to end things that she’d do it sooner rather than later. The cheap plastic of the biro in his hand snapped beneath the oblivious pressure he had been applying to it within his fist and Izaak felt himself reel backwards.

The clutter, just loud enough to trigger curiosity, led Leah into her brother’s room. Her frame posed tentatively at the doorway as her blue eyes followed Izaak’s angered but accurate aim as he flung the broken pen into the bin before burying his face in his freshly inked palms. “Hey,” She soothed softly as she padded across the carpet to sit herself beside her brothers shuddering frame on the arm of his desk chair. “You gonna talk to me now?” Izaak said nothing as Leah curled her arms protectively around his shoulders and simply pushed Alexis’ letters towards her.

His tear-stained blue eyes cast worriedly across his sister’s expression as she scanned across the letters his girl had sent. Leah was extremely fond of Alexis, more so than she had been of any one of his girlfriends. And the slight purse in her lips conveyed the deep disappointment she had for him. Izaak was positive, there was no one that could guilt trip the way Leah did.

“Oh Izaak.” She sighed heavily and pressed the letters back into his hands. He had acted like a jerk but she needn’t mention it, it went without saying. The hope that brewed in her chest for the young couple to see it through this hiccup bubbled up in her words. “I hope she’s got the heart to forgive you. You messed up. Big time.” Izaak nodded solemnly but remained on a verbal hiatus as he wrapped his arms back around his older sister and feeling a spark of warmth with the social interaction, now wishing she wouldn’t leave his side.

Izaak Jay Finch, I did not love Zaire the whole time! (Or I didn't know I did.) I found out afterwards. Stop assuming that I was lying to you the whole time because I wasn't and I'm still not.

How the hell do I know that wasn't unconditional? You guilt me and guilt me for something I cannot be blamed for only to do something worse and not tell me for days. Please Izaak, just.. leave me alone. We'll talk when I can go back to the house for winter.

Alexis.

PS. Ask Leah to apologize to Jay for me: I wont be visiting for Christmas.
Alexis sighed sadly as she thought of letting down the little blonde boy she promised that she would talk to Santa Claus for. It was only one more thing to add to her worries, she thought this year would be a breeze but so far it had been nothing but. Her best friend was gone to Japan for what reason she didn't know and she didn't know hat was to happen to her or Autumn during this disappearance.

Alexis disappeared to the Forbidden Forest once more, but with a Firewhiskey hidden against her body and causing goosebumps to form on her skin. She settled down on a clearly she had spent most of her time by and opened the drink. She didn't care what others thought of her drunken self anymore and the mess she had become once more. She only thought of how she had let Izaak down and how that caused him to cheat on her.

Tears washed down her face that was clear of make up but not of her exhaustion that showed under her eyes from the mixed hues under the lids of her eyes. "It's not fair. I can't love him anymore. I'm stronger than this, I would never deal with cheaters before him," she mumbled to herself between long swigs of the hot, warm brown liquid. Her drunken mutterings didn't last long, she was now passed out on the bed of the forest with a very incriminating drink in her hand but she still managed to cry in her sleep as she dreampt of it all being over between herself and Izaak.

bleh

Hey,

How are you holding up? Izaak told me what happened and I was shocked, I really was, I didn’t think he’d ever do something like that. Especially not after what happened with Casey and especially not to you. I think we all know that he was a d*ck that night but he’s really cut up about it, he didn’t talk for days. I don’t think I’ve ever seen him so worked up over a girl before. This probably isn’t what you want to hear right now but he’s crazily in love with you Alexis.

You’ve got every right to break up with him, I was angry and upset with him when I found out but I really don’t know if that will do either of you any good. Anyway, I just wanted to say that I’m here for you, okay? If ever you want to talk just give me a call, send me a letter… Izaak won’t hear about any of it, I promise.

Jay said to say that he misses you, I think we all do. If you’re really not staying over Christmas then maybe we could meet up for lunch soon? Hope you’re okay, and that everything sorts itself out.

Love always,
Leah

ugh, sorry. cbf writing anything but the letter, really got to get ready.

Leah,

I'm not doing well at all, to be perfectly honest. I love Izaak so much but I'm hurt by what he did with Isabella, just as much as he is hurt by what I feel for Zaire. I know what I did was wrong but how can I help it? Well does it matter now? He probably wants to leave me for that sl*t now and I'll be left with no one. Where am I supposed to go during break? My father is very angry with me for living with Izaak and wont write me back.

Thanks Leah, it means a lot to me. The next break you and Jay should come to Brightstone, could do with some friends that don't have drama around them. If you want to, my next break is just before December.

Anyway, I should stop rambling about myself. How are you? And Jay? I hope you are doing well.

Love you,
Alexis.

Same here.

Hun,

You can’t help who you have feelings for. No matter how much it hurts him to do so, Izaak knows that better than anyone. I can’t even begin to imagine what’s going through his mind right now but I know one thing for sure, there’s no way he’s letting you go anytime soon. Even if this Isabella is crazy about him, Izaak really only has eyes for you. It’s kind of scaring me actually- he’s barely left the house, not even to take his board out. You know what Izaak’s like, Alexis, and that’s definitely not it at all. It’s as if he’s not complete without you, like you took a part of him or something- hah, excuse my corniness but it’s true. I’ve seen the way you guys are when you’re together… Are you seriously considering breaking it off?

And as for a place to stay, I can safely say that I don’t think Izaak is going to want to spend time at the place you have together. That’s always there, and hey, it’s close to me. But I suppose you probably wouldn’t want to stay there for the same reasons… Try to make things right with your Dad Alexis, yeah it’s hard but it’s worth it- though, coming from me who doesn’t talk to her parents…

It’s no problem at all. I really miss having you around so I’d love to catch up soon. Brightstone sounds like a plan, we’ll definitely be there. But I’ve still got my fingers crossed for you and Izaak, I hope you can work things out by December. Then you’d really be like my little sister again.

Life’s been pretty unorganised, as usual. As much as I love Jay, having a child is so demanding! I know you know this, but please don’t even think about having kids for at least another eight years. Total social life killer. I guess that’s one good thing Izaak’s for though, at least now I might be able to try and get it back on track. Oh well, enough said about that.

Love love love,
Leah

I don't know what I'm going to do, Leah. I'm having trouble trusting Izaak right now, not if every time I screw up he is going to have sex with some other girl. I need time to think about it and he needs time to trust that even if I love someone else that I love him just as much and I would never intentionally hurt him. It would be easier to talk with Izaak and decide my next move but this dumb school wont let me leave.

I wont be staying at home over the holidays. I don't want to sleep in the bed if Izaak wont be there with me. Far too empty and just a reminder of our problems. I'll just stay at a hotel in Oceania, whether it is in New Zealand or Australia, I have yet to decide.

Oh Leah, I can still be like your little sister. You'll always be like my big sister, even if things with Izaak don't work out the way we both expected them too. Don't worry, I have no plans on getting pregnant. I don't see how you do it. A mother at twenty-five, that is just insane. I'm shuddering even at the thought of being a parent so young. Maybe in a few decades I would consider but for now I'm just fine not having any children.

Love you sweetie,
Alexis

Izaak overreacted. Big time. I know learning about your feelings for Zaire upset him but getting drunk like that wasn’t any way to fix things. I think he’s finally starting to see exactly how irrational he was now that he’s had a bit of a chance to cool off. In his defence, he’s never been so remorseful before and I don’t think he plans on cheating again any time soon, if ever. But he said that last time didn’t he? I guess the Kasey situation was kind of different…
God, Izaak is boys are such idiots sometimes.

Well it’s great to know you’ll be staying close by cause we have a lot of catching up to do, miss. But if you need help or anything, just ask okay? I’d so much rather you stay with us, but that’s so far out of the question that it isn’t funny.

I manage with Jay, but it’s a struggle even just with him. I really don’t understand how Leia copes with it all. When I got told about the twins I just kind of sat there wondering if she’d really go through with it, it’s such a big ask of a, what, nineteen year old? But hey, I’m glad at least one of us has plans for the future. Haha.

Actually, that’s what I wanted to ask you… Do you know what’s going on with Bella? Izaak just left, he said that Casey had told him that she was in Japan again. But I’ve never quite understood and I’m so worried about her too Alexis.

Leah xxx

Leah,

Izaak promissed me he would never hurt me by cheating on me in at Bondi, and I him. We both did technically break our promises. I know that, Leah. You don't know how bad I feel about being so madly in love with two people at once, but Izaak's reaction was exactly why I couldn't tell him and part of the reason why I had to get away from Hogwarts Wizarding Academy, the other is quite obvious: I wanted to be closer to Izaak, little Jay and you, Leah. As much as I do love the boy, he can be foolish. Not once was I thinking of Zaire when I was with Izaak and I don't think he understands that. I don't love him less at all and I don't know why he doesn't know this.

That is out of the question Leah, I'm sorry hun. I wish I could stay with you but Izaak...

Poor Leia, she has three children. Couldn't believe that she didn't have an abortion or put the twins for adoption, no matter how much I love Asher and Agrien. She does have her friends for support though which is good because Demyx is a goober.

Bella is in Japan? I got a letter from her telling me she was leaving because she was ill. When ever she goes to Japan something is wrong, please find out for me! I don't care if you have to tell Izaak that I asked but I need to know what is wrong with Bella, I thought she meant she just had a flu of some sort.

Love you hun,
Alexis.

Sweetie,

I’m sure that’s exactly what Izaak doesn’t understand. He’s hurt because he thinks that you weren’t satisfied when you were with him. While to him, you were like all he ever could have dreamed of. But I think it was the fact that it’s Zaire that hurt Izaak too. He tried to explain it to me but you know more than I do Alexis, I guess you could understand that. Anyway, talking it over is a good idea. I know he’s stubborn but you can only try. I just don’t want to see you two like this, I love you both. So much.

They’re beautiful babies, don’t get me wrong. I just don’t see how she does it. And with Demyx too! Haha, I’ve heard quite a bit about that boy. Melodramatic much?

Ill? Izaak said that they had had a pretty intense fight, I thought maybe it had been to let off some steam or something… I wish he’d come home already.

Oh my god Alexis. She’s in a coma. All the way over in East Jesus Nowhere. I don’t know much else; I think Izaak’s in shock, I can’t get anything else out of him. I don’t even know where he’s gone now so I can ask. Oh my god.

Love you,
Leah

Dearest Izaak,

I know a letter from me is probably the last thing you need or want now but please put it aside. I need to know what happened to Bells. Why is she in a coma? What have the doctors said? She will get out of it, right? Please tell me where she is and if she gets out of the coma because if she doesn't by break I'm visiting her.

How are you dealing? I'm sorry this happened...

I miss you.
I wish I could be with you. Stay safe.
Alexis
Leah,

I'm trying to get as much information out of this as I can but I don't think Izaak will write me back. Poor Casey, she will be heart broken when she finds out. I probably wont be spending time in Australia this summer of Bella is still sick by then. I have to go find Casey and see if she knows anything more.

I will write you later. Love you sweetie,
Alexis.

Alexis Marie,

Everything’s happened so fast, even now I don’t fully understand what’s going on. I guess you could say its kind of like a split personality disorder but much more serious. I can’t really explain it, but this… This thing is evil and it’s like she’s not even here anymore. Bells and I are in Japan at the moment, and she’s inside this temple where these monks are chanting incantations and stuff. Apparently it’s keeping her alive. But I can’t even have a conversation with them Alexis! And they’re the ones that are looking after her. I don’t understand why she couldn’t have just gone to St. Mungo’s, but I guess we have to do whatever it takes.

I’m so scared Alexis, I don’t know when she’s going to get better, or if she’s even going to wake up from it. I can’t lose her. I just can’t. And I need you baby, I don’t know if I can do this on my own. Leah has to stay with Jay, Casey’s probably inconsolable… I know you’re angry with me, but I need someone to keep me sane. Call me bold but I love you.

Izaak

Izaak,

I don't know if I can leave school, but I will talk to the Head Mistress. I will be there for you and Bella, one way or another. We aren't going to loose her, she is strong, really strong, don't loose hope, Izaak. Hang in tight until I get there, I love you very much sweetie but.. we can talk about that later, perhaps not when your sister and my best friend isn't in a comatose state.

Alexis.

Dear Alexis,

I don’t think Bells is getting much better, it’s like this chanting is literally her life support unit. It’s not curing her but it’s keeping her alive. I don’t know how much longer I can keep doing this for, seeing her like this is driving me insane.

Leighton, Bella’s cousin, is practically the only other person that’s ever with me. I’m fairly sure he thinks I’m to blame for what happened. Actually we had a fight the other day back in Bondi, he said that if they continued long enough she’d run the risk of permanent damage, he wanted the monks to stop whatever it was they were doing. Can you believe it?! I don’t think I’ve been angrier, not even after… How can someone just give up on her like that?! He doesn’t know the Bella that we do at all, Lex, does he?

Come visit ASAP,
Izaak

Izaak,

You are not to blame for what happened, don't let this Leighton character get to you. You cannot let him stop the monks, she is too strong to just die. No, he doesn't know her like we do, which shows that he has no right to make such a decision, you do and you will make the right decision by waiting for her to fight her inner-demons while she is unconscious.

Watch over her please, I will be there very soon.
Alexis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back