OOC First Name
Jess S
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Curved 12 Inch Swishy Acacia Wand with Acromantula Web Core
Sunday had decided that she didn't want to be just another girl in a dress. She'd styled something that she thought looked amazing. She sauntered into the Yule Ball with all the confidence in the world. She knew that at least three boys would want to ask her to dance, so she decided to save herself the trouble of choosing. She walked up to a cute boy, put both hands behind her back, and tilted her torso forward just a bit. Her hair fell a bit into her face and she gave him her brightest smile. "Hi there! Wanna dance with me?"

Naveen was more than relieved that he had survived his first semester at school with little to no crisis to speak of. Still, he was eager to get home to enjoy some peace and quiet before he had to be back her to finish out the year. After Halloween he was a bit wary of school events but at least he wasn't wearing a dumb costume to get tangled up in. Even if said dumb costume had won him some house points. He wasn't sure where his sister had gone off to so he found his way to the snack table to serve himself. He had just taken a bite when a girl in his year approached him. Naveen coughed a little in surprise when she asked if he wanted to dance. This was the last thing he had expected, and even looked around to make sure she wasn't lost or speaking someone behind him. "Me?" he asked weakly and pointed to himself before swallowing hard. "Um, sure." he blurted out before putting down his plate and offering his arm to her.

Amodeus walked by and didn't notice the younger kids talking.

Sunday straightened a bit, trying to act cute, and giggled. "Of course, you, silly," She stepped in, lacing her hands around the offered arm. "It's Naveen, isn't it?" She asked. Maybe if tonight went well she'd keep him on hand- after all, every Slytherin needed a Hufflepuff minion. She gave him her most charming smile. "I'm Sunday," She told him, though she doubted he'd forgotten. After all, who could forget her? She let him lead her, even if she was ready to subtly nudge him whatever way she wanted if he didn't get it right.

Naveen was still a bit confused as the girl confirmed she had meant to talk to him, and was even more surprised when she knew his name. He didn't think he had made much of an impression on anyone, which was his goal for the most part. No one looking at him mean no one to make fun of him either. He have her a quick nod when she introduced her self. "Right, yeah." he said quickly. "I've seen you in class." he added as they got to the dance floor and the music switched to a slow song. He swallowed hard and he hesitated, not sure where to put his hands.

Last edited:
Sunday let the boy bring her to the dance floor. He smiled, and brought the boys left hand to her waist while holding the other hand with her own. She placed her hand on his shoulder. "It's nice that we get to share classes with other houses," She agreed, swaying with him and enjoying the music, correcting him subtly when he missed a step. "House camaraderie is important." She smiled up at him. "How are you finding school so far, Naveen?"

Naveen could feel his palms start to sweat as Sunday put his hands on her waist. He hoped she didn't notice. He knew he should probably be making eye contact but that was hard and he also wanted to watch his feet so he didn't step on her toes. "Right, yeah. It's nice." he agreed. His face flushed as she corrected his foot work. He nodded again and was brought back from his own nervous thoughts when she said his name again. "It's been good." he said. It was half true. School hadn't been as bad as he feared but he'd hesitate to say he had a great time. "I miss home a lot. Even with my sister here. And my cousins." he explained.

Last edited:
Sunday listened to him talk, actually enjoying the dance. "I have a lot of family here, too," She told him. "My brother is Monday," She gave a soft smile. "There are a lot of us," She hid her frustration with that. It was hard to stand out when she felt like just one in a large set of siblings. Just another Day of the Weeks. But she was going to change that, she knew it. She twirled, guiding him through it gently, before falling back in step with him. "You're getting better," She complimented.

Naveen nodded a little too eagerly when Sunday mentioned her oldest brother. "Oh right, of course." he said awkwardly. "What's it like having your brother as head boy?" he asked. He could have asked Anisha a similar question but he knew Sunday would give him a more honest answer. He smirked a little at her comment about there being a lot of them, he could relate. He maybe didn't have that many sibling but his family gatherings could get quite crowded. He let out a laugh when she said he was getting better. "If you say so." he said shaking his head. "I haven't really danced a lot."

Sunday sighed dramatically. "He's so busy, I never get to see him." She pouted a bit, trying to look just the right amount of sad. "He's my only brother, and this is my only year with him in school. I know I have my sisters, but its lonely without him." She sighed again, and shifted to try and lay her head on his shoulder. "I think you're a wonderful dancer," She complimented him.

Naveen spared a glance up to Sunday's face as she sighed. He felt a bit of sympathy for her. He was so close to his sister and he imagined any distance would feel painful. He took a moment to glance around the room to see if he could spot Dhivya, the fact that he hadn't seen her yet didn't sit well with him. "Well I hope you can enjoy the time you have left together." he said a little distracted. He was caught off guard as she closed some of the distance between them and leaned her head against him. Her compliment felt almost comical as he immediately stumbled.

Sunday jerked when Naveen stumbled, a bit startled herself. She took a deep breath, trying to keep her composure. "You know, Naveen, I'm getting thirsty. Can we go get some drinks?" She asked, peeking up at her from under her lashes and giving him a soft pout, trying to encourage him away and off the dance floor. She wasn't ready to lose his attention yet, but maybe his attention would be better getting her drinks.

Naveen's face felt hot as he made a fool out of himself. He couldn't help but feel like a bit of a failure. But it wasn't like he had planned to dance with anyone tonight, let alone be approached by a girl. "Yeah that sounds good." he agreed. If only to get some space between them so he could think straight. He might have embarrassed himself but he was still polite and poured Sunday a cup of punch first. "Here you go."

Sunday followed Naveen, giving him her best smile as he offered her a drink. "Thank you," She sipped at it daintily, looking around the room again. "The decorations really are breathtaking, aren't they?" She asked, turning her attention back to him and standing closer than she really needed to.

Naveen poured himself a drink and took a sip, grateful to keep his hands busy with something else now. He gave a distracted nod in response to Sunday's comment about decorations. "Uh, yeah." he said and glanced up at the snowy ceiling. "Have you ever experienced an actually snowy Christmas?" he asked simply before looking back down and noticing how close Sunday was to him. He side stepped her slightly and gestured to the snacks. "Hungry?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back